Missing 'Cloud Saves' with Command & Conquer Red Alert

by Diablero777

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Missing 'Cloud Saves' with Command & Conquer Red Alert

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am a bit nostalgic and recently bought the C & C Ultimate Collection which uses the Origin online management software.

I have since worked my way through Command & Conquer Red Alert with 'Cloud Saves' selected as 'On' the whole time. Today I got a message at login saying there was a discrepancy between my local saves and the cloud save information. So I selected 'Cloud' as the default one to load as it was a later save by a few hours. However, now my game will not load any missions as there appears to be no saves. So much for cloud 'Backup'. I'm well Pi$$ed off now as i don't want to have to go through all the missions again. Is there a way to revert to the last 'save'?

Message 1 of 2 (1,478 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Missing 'Cloud Saves' with Command & Conquer Red Alert

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Diablero777

Hmm. Someone reported this issue before, and I've passed it on to the EA guys back then. Seems this is still not fixed, then...

http://answers.ea.com/t5/C-C-The-Ultimate-Collection/Timer-and-synch-glitch-RA1-saves-for-TS-and-Ren...

Apparently, they get synced to the wrong games, so chances are you might find your RA1 savegames in the TS folder.

But, yeah, for now, I'd definitely advise not using the cloud save feature for these games.

On a somewhat related note... Command & Conquer 1, Red Alert 1 and Tiberian Sun have been upgraded with community-created unofficial patches that fix a lot of their bugs and compatibility problems, and a bunch of upgrades like high res and bonus missions/music/videos. You can find them here:

Command & Conquer 1:

Red Alert 1:

Tiberian Sun:

Red Alert 2:

• The graphics system patch DDWrapper is known to solve a multitude of graphics problems, including the "black screen" issue.
    So if you got problems with that, download the zip file and extract "ddraw.dll" and "aqrit.cfg" into your game folder. Then, open the configuration file "aqrit.cfg" in Notepad, change the "ForceDirectDrawEmulation" option to 1, save the file, and try running the game again.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,587 Views)

All Replies

Re: Missing 'Cloud Saves' with Command & Conquer Red Alert

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Diablero777

Hmm. Someone reported this issue before, and I've passed it on to the EA guys back then. Seems this is still not fixed, then...

http://answers.ea.com/t5/C-C-The-Ultimate-Collection/Timer-and-synch-glitch-RA1-saves-for-TS-and-Ren...

Apparently, they get synced to the wrong games, so chances are you might find your RA1 savegames in the TS folder.

But, yeah, for now, I'd definitely advise not using the cloud save feature for these games.

On a somewhat related note... Command & Conquer 1, Red Alert 1 and Tiberian Sun have been upgraded with community-created unofficial patches that fix a lot of their bugs and compatibility problems, and a bunch of upgrades like high res and bonus missions/music/videos. You can find them here:

Command & Conquer 1:

Red Alert 1:

Tiberian Sun:

Red Alert 2:

• The graphics system patch DDWrapper is known to solve a multitude of graphics problems, including the "black screen" issue.
    So if you got problems with that, download the zip file and extract "ddraw.dll" and "aqrit.cfg" into your game folder. Then, open the configuration file "aqrit.cfg" in Notepad, change the "ForceDirectDrawEmulation" option to 1, save the file, and try running the game again.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 2 (1,588 Views)