Kane's Wrath "Fatal Error - Exception in Exception Handler"

by GDI-Steel-Talons

Original Post

Re: Kane's Wrath "Fatal Error - Exception in Exception Handler"

★★★ Newbie

I also have this issue - Windows 8.1 fully patched, Surface Pro 3.  Installing the 2010 DirectX drivers also did not work for me.

Message 21 of 80 (10,569 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you very much, it's fixed Standard smile

Message 22 of 80 (10,397 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello

I had the same problem with the wrath, my solution is this. to start the game, i do a right click on the icone of the game and choose the nvidia video card (acer v15 nitro) because by default the game starts with the integrated intel graphics card.

now it works

I am french and i do not master your langage well

Message 23 of 80 (10,146 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Also having the same problem, really wanted to play this game too, it was an old favorite Frown.  

After much research and failure I can attest that if you have tried everything and you still get the "exception in the exception" error, the issue seems to be a laptop/tablet issue. I even went as far as deciding to buy an actual graphics card for my already overpriced modern laptop ($1,200), that is until I learned that most laptops and all tablets can't be upgraded like that, only ram and HDD can be upgraded these days.

The only way I guess anyone with on-board graphics will ever play this game will be if EA or a third party makes a patch for Intel or AMD onboard graphics. I know its an older game and the money has already been made on it, so its not going to be a priority, but man it sure would be nice....  *crosses fingers*

Message 24 of 80 (10,020 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@Shadozzy wrote:

I don't get it. Doesn't every pc have 1 graphics card. How can you switch from Nvdia to Intel Graphics. Can I install Nvdia's drivers even though I dont have its card?

the graphics that you come with is the integrated graphics card, theres only a handful of games that can support running with only the integrated graphics card, gaming laptops however have two graphics card, one is the integrated and the other one is only for gaming, the dedicated graphics card. the dedicated graphics card is the nvdia (example). 

so long story short, no. you cannot install nvdia's drivers even though you do not have its card, and if you already have a dedicated graphics card, you already have the integrated graphics card so there wouldnt be a point to switch between those two.

Message 25 of 80 (9,985 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
Hmm there has got to be a way to play this on Intel graphics, I just finished playthroughs of Wolfenstein the new order, CoD advanced warefare, Grey goo and battlefront hardline on this laptop, running everything at medium to high settings. I'm just not buying that this older game won't run on it because my graphics apparently aren't good enough because it handles these current gen games so well.....driving me nuts
Message 26 of 80 (9,886 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It didn't work.

I followed those instructions to the letter and the exact same problem happened.

Are there any other solutions to be found?

Message 27 of 80 (9,708 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You can buy a PC graphics card and hook it up to an HDMI-USB conversion cable, then plug it in to your laptop and have an external graphics card. You have to download the drivers and stuff though, and graphics cards can be pretty expensive.

Message 28 of 80 (9,685 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem but the Direct X Redistribute pack does not work. I've read where it might be a problem with the integrated video card on my laptop. I don't really have a viable option to update my graphic card so that is not an option. I really want to be able to play CC3. Can you please help? Why doesn't EA resolve this? Could there be something that I am doing wrong with the Direct X install? 

Message 29 of 80 (9,607 Views)

★ Novice

Hm. I have the same issue, HP EliteBook 820 G1, Core i5, 16gb RAM, but of course only the Intel GPU on board.

Running a clean install of Windows 10 Pro x64... The frustrating thing is that it worked like a charm on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 - same drivers, etc...

I am considering going back to Windows 7 because of this - a fair few of my games don't run on Windows 10! :-(

Message 30 of 80 (9,555 Views)