Re: Kane's Wrath "Fatal Error - Exception in Exception Handler"

by Shadozzy

Original Post

★ Novice

Same here. I've tried every solution I could find, but nothing I've tried works. I'm using a steam version and running the game on Windows 8.1. Tried the DirectX files, tried installing them into the Kane's Wrath folder. Nothing. I'd really appreciate some help here guys! Thanks! This is one of my favorite games and I really want to play again. It worked before as a disk on a different laptop running Windows 7.

Message 11 of 80 (18,552 Views)

★★ Novice

I think it happens when windows does some updating when we close the computer because at windows 8.1. you can recover your pc without losing your files. And after doing that restore the game works for a few days then windows hands me a bunch of updates and the next morning 'error'... I don't know if I need those updates or should I just cancel the automatic updates and leave my pc at its current position forever. 

Message 12 of 80 (18,546 Views)

★ Novice

It's probably one specific update that is not necessary. One of my games didnt work before until i deleted that one update.

Message 13 of 80 (18,526 Views)

★★ Novice

Was having the same exception in exception handler,

Tried everything but then realized it was because of the Nvdia Optimus on my laptop.

Basically, just go into your nvidia settings, click manage 3d solution, go to global settings, and under the 'preferred graphics processor', change it to high performance nvidia processor.

Should work just fine

Message 14 of 80 (18,395 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've already tried installing the DirectX drivers from Microsoft, still getting the error and unable to start the game. Below is my system infomation

Retina 13' Macbook Pro

Intel Iris Graphics 5100

Windows 10 Build 10130

Note: I'm using the Steam version but I guess it should be similar to the origin version?

Message 15 of 80 (18,379 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks!

That worked oddly enough. I had the game's specific settings set to "High performance", and all my other games ran fine without the change, but changing the "global setting" to "High" instead of "Auto" made it work. Just tested that out and if it set to "auto" in "global" it wont start. 

Thanks again!

Message 16 of 80 (18,371 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't have nvdia. I'm trying to play it on a Microsoft Surface Pro 3. Intel Core i5-4300, 4.0GB Ram, Intel HD Graphics Family. 

Message 17 of 80 (18,360 Views)

★★ Novice

It's probably a compatibility issue with Intel graphics.

Because when i switch to the onboard intel hd graphics on my laptop, i get the same error but when i force the game to work on my nvidia gpu it works fine

Tl;DR: if your only graphics option is onboard intel graphics then it seems you are out of luck

Message 18 of 80 (18,263 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi!!!

I was with the same problema. Intel Graphics error.

I've installed a Nvidea graphics card and problema solved.

Regrads,

Message 19 of 80 (18,128 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't get it. Doesn't every pc have 1 graphics card. How can you switch from Nvdia to Intel Graphics. Can I install Nvdia's drivers even though I dont have its card?

Message 20 of 80 (18,121 Views)