I still haven't recieved my refund

by RealisticBacon

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I still haven't recieved my refund

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

35 days ago I bought Command and Conquer ultimate collection. Long story short, half of the games in the bundle worked, but I already owned them (Command and conquer tiberium dawn and red alert 1 in the form of Remastered collection, tiberian sun was announced as a freeware some time ago, and I own tiberium wars and red alert 3 on steam) or they were buggy, and would either crash upon booting up, or would have a black screen. Three hours after purchase I requested a refund.

I patiently waited, seeing that my case was being updated, to get any type of response from EA support. Not only did I not get my answer back, but the request "expired" (aka 30 days have passed), and I had to reply to the automated response to continue my refund request. 

Today, 35 days later, I've received an automated reply saying the following:

Hello UNKNOWN

We are happy to report that we have resolved your issue. We know this process was long and we apologize for the wait. Thank you for being patient while we worked on it. If you are still experiencing an issue, please resume your case. We hope you enjoy playing your game and please don’t hesitate to contact us for help in the future.

Thank you

EA Customer Experience

I think it's pretty clear that this is an automated response. I wouldn't mind that as long as I got my refund. I go ahead and check my ticket. It is showing that it is "fixed". Great I think to myself. I open my banking app to check if I have received a refund. I didn't. I open my ea app, and see that all of the games are still in library, it's just that they don't have and animation when I hover my mouse over them. 

So what I'm wondering is the following. Did I or did I not receive my refund. If I did, will it take some time for me to get the money back?

I will also leave the screenshots which show that the games were purchased, played and that the refund was requested on November 15th.

(CM: Edited to remove attachment to protect information. Please take care of your personal details while posting online per the forum rules)

Message 1 of 5 (626 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I still haven't recieved my refund

Community Manager

Hi @RealisticBacon,

Thanks for checking it. There's no need to verify anything here on the forums. We can't look into billing issues on Answers HQ and it's best to protect your information while posting online. I've removed those attachments to protect the details about that transaction.

That information will be helpful to reach back out to the support team directly with. The transaction ID will help them locate the purchase quicker and from there they can examine what might be happening with that particular transaction for you.

Thanks, 

EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (559 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @RealisticBacon

I'm sorry, we don't have the means to look into billing issues or perform refunds through Answers HQ. 

Can you remember if you requested a refund directly on the EA Help site? If yes, there should be a log of this in your Order History. Please check the status of your refund request from  the order summary page:

1. Log in to origin.com
  2. Hover over your EA ID in the bottom left corner, then click EA Account and Billing.
  3. Select the Order History tab.

The status should tell you more about how that request is fairing. Any issues with that transaction and you'll need to contact our support team directly with the Origin Transaction ID so they can help you out. You can find your order number in the email receipt from your purchase or by viewing your Order History. If the EA Help site case isn't routing through to the support team for whatever reason, try reaching out to them through one of their other channels, such as: 

• Twitter - Select the message icon to get assistance 
  • Facebook - You can select the 'send message' option on the accounts home page  

Thanks, 

- EA_Lanna

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 5 (604 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hey thank you for your response!

I checked my order history and I can see under my order a status saying "refund requested".

As far as I'm aware, it said that from the moment I requested the refund, and it hasn't changed even after my ticket is considered "fixed"

So does that mean that my refund still isn't resolved, or something else?

Again, I will leave a picture of said order to verify that what I'm saying is true

(CM: Edited to remove attachment to protect information. Please take care of your personal details while posting online per the forum rules)

Message 3 of 5 (585 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @RealisticBacon,

Thanks for checking it. There's no need to verify anything here on the forums. We can't look into billing issues on Answers HQ and it's best to protect your information while posting online. I've removed those attachments to protect the details about that transaction.

That information will be helpful to reach back out to the support team directly with. The transaction ID will help them locate the purchase quicker and from there they can examine what might be happening with that particular transaction for you.

Thanks, 

EA_Lanna

Message 4 of 5 (560 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Lanna Thank you for taking your time. While this isn’t an exact solution to my problem, I will mark it as a solution since at least now I know what to do. Bye!
Message 5 of 5 (547 Views)