Re: I have First Decade Disk but no drive.

by Nyerguds

Original Post

I have First Decade Disk but no drive.

★★★ Newbie

So I bought the First Decade long time ago and I still enjoy messing with it. I have recently upgraded my laptop and it does not have cd/dvd rom. Is there anywhere I can get a digital download for the game I already own without having to rebuy it?

Message 1 of 2 (430 Views)

Re: I have First Decade Disk but no drive.

Hero

@uknkill3r

No, but if you get the contents off the DVD you can still install it; the installer doesn't actually require the DVD. Though you'll still need to find some, uh, workaround to actually get the games running without that DVD.

That said, Command & Conquer 1, Red Alert 1 and Tiberian Sun are all freeware, and the community-created patches for them that fix a lot of their bugs and compatibility problems also make them all work without any CD or DVD. You can find them here:

Command & Conquer 1:

Red Alert 1:

Tiberian Sun:

• Full game (scroll down to "single player, patches, linux and mac" and select "Single Player Campaign (Windows)" in the dropdown)

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 2 (413 Views)