I cannot launch Red Alert 2 and Yuri Revenge at Win 10, video mode error >.<

by Player_cpbe8d8f

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I cannot launch Red Alert 2 and Yuri Revenge at Win 10, video mode error >.<

★★★ Newbie

I cannot launch Red Alert 2 and Yuri Revenge at Win 10 >.< May any one help??

It keep stated that Video Mode cannot set >.<

Message 1 of 6 (7,093 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I cannot launch Red Alert 2 and Yuri Revenge at Win 10, video mode error &gt

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Player_cpbe8d8f

• Go to your game folder. If you don't know how to find your game folder... open the Origin menu and select "Application Settings". In the settings screen, go to the "Installs & Saves" tab. There, under "on your computer", you can see the path of the Game library location. To easily open the folder in your file explorer, click "Change", and in the dialog that pops up, right click the selected folder and choose "Open in new window" from the context menu. In the explorer window that opens you can then browse to the actual installation folders of your games. Image Guide
  • In the game folder, find and open the configuration files RA2.ini (for Red Alert 2) and RA2MD.ini (for the expansion pack, Yuri's Revenge). If you don't see the .ini extensions for file types, open the folder options and enable it so you can accurately identify the files.
  • Inside the configuration files, find a section called [Video]. It should have the game's resolution under it:
    [Video]
    ScreenWidth=1280
    ScreenHeight=720
    Adapt that to a resolution supported by your screen and video card. 

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (7,180 Views)

All Replies

Re: I cannot launch Red Alert 2 and Yuri Revenge at Win 10, video mode error &gt

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Player_cpbe8d8f

• Go to your game folder. If you don't know how to find your game folder... open the Origin menu and select "Application Settings". In the settings screen, go to the "Installs & Saves" tab. There, under "on your computer", you can see the path of the Game library location. To easily open the folder in your file explorer, click "Change", and in the dialog that pops up, right click the selected folder and choose "Open in new window" from the context menu. In the explorer window that opens you can then browse to the actual installation folders of your games. Image Guide
  • In the game folder, find and open the configuration files RA2.ini (for Red Alert 2) and RA2MD.ini (for the expansion pack, Yuri's Revenge). If you don't see the .ini extensions for file types, open the folder options and enable it so you can accurately identify the files.
  • Inside the configuration files, find a section called [Video]. It should have the game's resolution under it:
    [Video]
    ScreenWidth=1280
    ScreenHeight=720
    Adapt that to a resolution supported by your screen and video card. 

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 6 (7,181 Views)

Re: I cannot launch Red Alert 2 and Yuri Revenge at Win 10, video mode error &am

★★★ Newbie
Thanks ^.^ such an idiot of me, thanks million
Message 3 of 6 (7,046 Views)

Re: I cannot launch Red Alert 2 and Yuri Revenge at Win 10, video mode error &am

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

when i change the size of screen to 1045_768 that is become . in red alert 2  how i can to fix itwhen i change the size of screen to 1024*768 that is become . .. in red alert 2 how i can to fix it

Message 4 of 6 (6,910 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I tried to click on the RA2.INI file. It opened automatically using notepad and it didn't have the video section. How do I go about it? Pls advice. TQ.

Message 5 of 6 (6,621 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Then you'll have to make that video-section yourself in RA2.INI. Standard smile

Message 6 of 6 (6,565 Views)