Help pls I can't play my favourite game tiberium wars

by Jucorp

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Help pls I can't play my favourite game tiberium wars

★★★★★ Newbie
Hi ea am trying to run cnc 3 tiberium wars on Windows 10 and it doesn't work

Definitely updated the drives

It's coming up with a DirectX error saying I need 9.0C or higher installed, check video card, enable hardware acceleration. I've looked everywhere online and can't find a solution which works
Message 1 of 3 (466 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Help pls I can't play my favourite game tiberium wars

Hero

@Jucorp

The problem there is that the "or higher" is blatantly false. The newest versions of DirectX are missing pieces that the game really needs, so you actually need to install  v9.0c.

• Download the DirectX Redistributables package from June 2010. Be sure to uncheck any other junk they want to add to it. It should be a file called "directx_Jun2010_redist.exe".
  • Run the downloaded file. It'll ask for a folder to unpack in. Make a new folder somewhere on your disk and unpack it there. It doesn't matter where you unpack it; it can be deleted afterwards anyway.
  • Go to the folder where you told it to extract.
  • Find "DXSETUP.exe", and run that to install the missing components.
  • After the installation finished, delete the folder you unpacked everything in.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (670 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@Jucorp

The problem there is that the "or higher" is blatantly false. The newest versions of DirectX are missing pieces that the game really needs, so you actually need to install  v9.0c.

• Download the DirectX Redistributables package from June 2010. Be sure to uncheck any other junk they want to add to it. It should be a file called "directx_Jun2010_redist.exe".
  • Run the downloaded file. It'll ask for a folder to unpack in. Make a new folder somewhere on your disk and unpack it there. It doesn't matter where you unpack it; it can be deleted afterwards anyway.
  • Go to the folder where you told it to extract.
  • Find "DXSETUP.exe", and run that to install the missing components.
  • After the installation finished, delete the folder you unpacked everything in.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 3 (671 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Thanks buddy i will try it
Message 3 of 3 (429 Views)