Help: Command and Conquer 3 DirectX error

by AbC4840a5537411

Original Post

Help: Command and Conquer 3 DirectX error

★★★★★ Novice

Hi. I'm sure that this question gets put here a lot, but has anyone found a fix for the DirectX error that occurs when trying to play CnC 3 and Red Alert 3 on Windows 10?

I've looked all over and every other suggestion I've seen doesn't work. I've been to the Windows Runtime download page like twenty times and redownloaded what's there loads of times and it doesn't work. It's like it doesn't install at all. I can install it, restart my computer and I can install it again like nothing happened

Please, I hope that someone has found a fix for this, otherwise, two of my favorite games of all time are dead and unplayable

Message 1 of 3 (525 Views)

Re: Help: Command and Conquer 3 DirectX error

Hero

@AbC4840a5537411 

Exactly what is the error?

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 3 (488 Views)

Re: Help: Command and Conquer 3 DirectX error

★★★★★ Novice

When I boot up the game, an error saying "Please make sure you have DirectX 9.0 or higher installed. Also please verify that your video card meets the minum requirements, and that you do not have hardware acceleration disabled in the Display Control panel"

That is word for word what the error says

Message 3 of 3 (461 Views)