Having issues with C-and-C 3: Tiberium Wars

by johaun53

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Having issues with C-and-C 3: Tiberium Wars

★★ Novice

Having issues with C-and-C 3: Tiberium Wars, It seems the voice segment has stopped warning me of the opponents activities and or informing me of new construction options. I’ve made sure all settings in the game are enabled for this to be working to no avail. Anybody have this problem and what did you do to resolve it?  

Message 1 of 3 (474 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Having issues with C-and-C 3: Tiberium Wars

★★ Novice

Well I got it figured out! I’m feeling pretty stupid about but never the less problem solved. When I updated the sound drivers prior to the issue, the update gave 9.1 dolby digital capabilities, at which set the software up to render that type of decoding! I’m using analog pathways only and not a SPDIF path so basically I’m in two channel mode rather than eight. Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars doesn’t like that if you’re trying to decode eight channels into an analog path of two channels. I discovered this after the pain of editing my registry, deleting all references to folders and files of the game and reinstalling the game twice. Each time same result “no voice” within the game. I got a hold of customer support about this because I was just stymied over this and the guys at customer support couldn’t give me a definitive answer either.

I started just poking around my sound card software, XP’s stuff and the software provided from VIA HD Audio from MSI Drivers Disk. In each case I found the speaker setup to be setup to support eight speakers! Unbelievable! I felt so freaken stupid!

Anyway I switched it over to a two speaker setup and all is well. So if you’re not using a sound decoding device after you sound card you still will get sound but not all of it. In my case it was kind of like karaoke, in the game I would experience all sounds accept the voice.

If anyone else runs into this problem, simply check your sound card configurations

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (453 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Well I got it figured out! I’m feeling pretty stupid about but never the less problem solved. When I updated the sound drivers prior to the issue, the update gave 9.1 dolby digital capabilities, at which set the software up to render that type of decoding! I’m using analog pathways only and not a SPDIF path so basically I’m in two channel mode rather than eight. Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars doesn’t like that if you’re trying to decode eight channels into an analog path of two channels. I discovered this after the pain of editing my registry, deleting all references to folders and files of the game and reinstalling the game twice. Each time same result “no voice” within the game. I got a hold of customer support about this because I was just stymied over this and the guys at customer support couldn’t give me a definitive answer either.

I started just poking around my sound card software, XP’s stuff and the software provided from VIA HD Audio from MSI Drivers Disk. In each case I found the speaker setup to be setup to support eight speakers! Unbelievable! I felt so freaken stupid!

Anyway I switched it over to a two speaker setup and all is well. So if you’re not using a sound decoding device after you sound card you still will get sound but not all of it. In my case it was kind of like karaoke, in the game I would experience all sounds accept the voice.

If anyone else runs into this problem, simply check your sound card configurations

Message 2 of 3 (454 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Bumping this to say THANK YOU as this was driving me nuts, my two speaker configuration somehow randomly reconfigured to 7.1 speakers.
Message 3 of 3 (349 Views)