[HELP] Generals: "Serious Error" Issue (Win10)

by Defibyoulater

Original Post

[HELP] Generals: "Serious Error" Issue (Win10)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello, and thank you for coming to help. My Generals Zero Hour has operated without a hitch on my windows 10 for a very long time. On this same computer, however, now it will always crash when the primary loading bar finishes giving me this message ... (seen in first image). 

And now, after several attempts to fix it, I'm closer to blowing my brains out. 

I have tried ...

-Repair Game through Origin

-Editing my resolution options through "properties launch options," "origin's advanced launch options," and through my "options.ini."

-Switching computer screens

-downloading off hand "fix" patches

-uninstalling and reinstalling

Please, I am at wits end to try and solve this. I might add that I believe this started happening after I got a new animation tablet (with it's driver).

I run a Win10 64-bit / 12 GB 950 msi card

My current options.ini

AntiAliasing =
DrawScrollAnchor =
FirewallBehavior = 1
FirewallNeedToRefresh = FALSE
FirewallPortAllocationDelta = 0
GameSpyIPAddress = 0.0.0.0
Gamma = 50
IPAddress = 0.0.0.0
IdealStaticGameLOD = Low
LanguageFilter = false
MoveScrollAnchor =
MusicVolume = 55
Resolution = 800 600
Retaliation = yes
SFX3DVolume = 57
SFXVolume = 51
ScrollFactor = 28
SendDelay = no
StaticGameLOD = High
UseAlternateMouse = no
UseDoubleClickAttackMove = no
VoiceVolume = 70

thank you for helping, I really appreciate. I just wanna play Zero Hour again.

Message 1 of 3 (709 Views)

Re: [HELP] Generals: "Serious Error" Issue (Win10)

Hero

@Defibyoulater

@Defibyoulater wrote:

-downloading off hand "fix" patches 

Exactly what fixes did you try?

My personal advice would be to try to tweak the compatibility modes on the game's exe file..

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 3 (693 Views)

Re: [HELP] Generals: "Serious Error" Issue (Win10)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

There are downloadable files in the description of this video that update the game, then you put in a new generals.exe/options.ini, (files).

I've tried uninstalling, and re-installing just to redo the options.ini and game.dat and the game is still crashing.

I have exhausted everything. Please, I'm going nuts.

Message 3 of 3 (664 Views)