Generals + Zero hour not working

by 92544

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Generals + Zero hour not working

★★★★★ Newbie

I have installed CAC The First Decade on my new windows 8.1 computer. Every game works fine instead of these two, when i try to start them, i get a message, that i encountered a serious error (no viruses in my computer). It happens on every compability mod instead of windows XP, but there it cannot detect a DVD-ROM (I have the DVD-ROM inserted in the computer).

Message 1 of 5 (707 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Generals + Zero hour not working

Hero

Make sure to check the "run in Administrator mode" box in the Compatibility settings too. It's also possible that the game's settings file wasn't created correctly and that causes it to crash; I believe the sticky Common Problems thread has more info on that.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (703 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Make sure to check the "run in Administrator mode" box in the Compatibility settings too. It's also possible that the game's settings file wasn't created correctly and that causes it to crash; I believe the sticky Common Problems thread has more info on that.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 5 (704 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Make sure to check the "run in Administrator mode" box in the Compatibility settings too.

Still not working Frown

Message 3 of 5 (656 Views)

Hero

and.... the rest I mentioned? Bothered to try any of that? -_-

Message 4 of 5 (652 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi'

I have the same problem, did you ever found a solution to this?

I've installed First Decade from the original CD, & runnin :

Windows 8.1 Pro

-I just wanna play Generals, the rest works fine thx to some patches i found.

Message 5 of 5 (507 Views)