Generals Zero Hour screen resolution

by NuTeLLa13121

Original Post

Generals Zero Hour screen resolution

★★ Novice

How can i change the screen resolution 1920x1080? any patch exist?

Message 1 of 10 (43,564 Views)

Re: Generals Zero Hour screen resolution

Hero

See the Common Problems topic; it'll tell you where to find the game's settings file. Open that and you can change the game resolution to whatever you want.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 10 (43,504 Views)

★★★ Novice

exept you cant do it on the origin version... 

Message 3 of 10 (42,270 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the Origin and the Box copy.  Changing resolution worked as described in both.  However, as with many older game, wide screen/higher resolution may look

weird.

Message 4 of 10 (41,799 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Nyerguds where the hell is that? I came here from a search in google. You might have just told us what the file was!
Message 5 of 10 (41,037 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Jeru9694 It is located here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/C-C-The-Ultimate-Collection/READ-FIRST-Common-Issues-and-Solutions/m-p/101... You have to manually set the resolution in the Options.ini file located in '%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Command and Conquer Generals Data\' or/and '%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour Data\'. I would advice you to also install Gentool (http://www.gentool.net/), which gives the game better support for higher resolutions.

Message 6 of 10 (41,027 Views)

Hero

@Jeru9694  Is it really that hard to open the actual main "C&C The Ultimate Collection" forum listing from the breadcrumb links above and look through the sticky topics there? :-\

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 7 of 10 (40,901 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@NyergudsUsing Google would be even simpler, haha. But some people just don't know how this kind of forum works and get confused, add a bit of laziness to that and you get this :P So, sometimes you will have to explain the same steps to 100 people at the exact same forum.... That's life Standard smile

Message 8 of 10 (40,893 Views)

★★★ Newbie

just inter to your Documents then open Generals Zero Hour file then open the option and search for " Resolution " and change the numbers into 1920 - 1080

Message 9 of 10 (8,029 Views)

★★★ Newbie

change it in documents and Cnc zero hour and options.ini as the game is offical you cant edit the files like cracked one so you need to change it from user folder not the game files

Message 10 of 10 (7,326 Views)