Re: Game Froze before I could play and you better fix or give refund.

by Nyerguds

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game Froze before I could play and you better fix or give refund.

★★★ Newbie

I was stoked to get the game, it was so cool to get it all in one big swing. But when I am in the menu and trying to start the game it freezes before I can even play the game. fix it or give me back my money.... I would prefer if you fix it though. 

Message 1 of 2 (428 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero

@EddieMunie420 

The Ultimate Collection contains games developed over a span of fifteen years, on a large number of different game engines, for a large number of different systems, spanning from 10 to 25 years old. They can have a very wide variety of very different problems on modern OSes.

So please specify exactly which game you're having problems with; otherwise there's nothing we can do to help you.

That said, a lot of the games have been upgraded with community-created unofficial patches that fix a lot of their bugs and compatibility problems. You can find them here:

Command & Conquer 1:

Red Alert 1:

Tiberian Sun:

Red Alert 2:

• I advise installing the CnCNet online play installer for RA2/YR. Even if you're not interested in online play, it comes with a bunch of automatic fixes. It should automatically take care of the "black screen" issue, and has a configuration tool that allows further tweaking of the game's settings.

Generals:

• GenTool seems to be the main patch for Generals these days. The website is kind of vague on what it does besides restoring multiplayer and adding anti-cheat, but I heard it does a lot to make it work better on modern OSes too.
  • If you have issues with DirectX errors popping up, find and delete the file "dbghelp.dll" in the game's install folder.

Renegade:

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (413 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero

@EddieMunie420 

The Ultimate Collection contains games developed over a span of fifteen years, on a large number of different game engines, for a large number of different systems, spanning from 10 to 25 years old. They can have a very wide variety of very different problems on modern OSes.

So please specify exactly which game you're having problems with; otherwise there's nothing we can do to help you.

That said, a lot of the games have been upgraded with community-created unofficial patches that fix a lot of their bugs and compatibility problems. You can find them here:

Command & Conquer 1:

Red Alert 1:

Tiberian Sun:

Red Alert 2:

• I advise installing the CnCNet online play installer for RA2/YR. Even if you're not interested in online play, it comes with a bunch of automatic fixes. It should automatically take care of the "black screen" issue, and has a configuration tool that allows further tweaking of the game's settings.

Generals:

• GenTool seems to be the main patch for Generals these days. The website is kind of vague on what it does besides restoring multiplayer and adding anti-cheat, but I heard it does a lot to make it work better on modern OSes too.
  • If you have issues with DirectX errors popping up, find and delete the file "dbghelp.dll" in the game's install folder.

Renegade:

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 2 (414 Views)