Re: Error with world builder! PLEASE HELP! [Kane Wrath]

by Death-Hunter1992

Original Post

Error with world builder! PLEASE HELP! [Kane Wrath]

★★ Novice

[CNC Kane's Wrath]

I have been having problems installing the c&C kanes wraith world builder I get this CRC Error

CRC Error: The File C:\Program Files {x86}\Origin Games\Command And Conquer 3 TW and KW\Command Conquer 3 Kanes Wrath\Worldbuilder.exe doesn't match the file in the setup's.cab file. The Medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted: Contact your software vender.

Message 1 of 12 (8,477 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey EA staff, it would be nice if someone gave us a solution, i've been checking on the internet but it does not seem to be one; people with the old version or the steam one seem to be able to use it, though. 

Thanks

Message 2 of 12 (8,101 Views)

★ Guide

If you are having issues loading your games or are having issues while playing your game, you should try the Repair Install feature in Origin. Note: This applies to newer games downloaded via Origin. Older games may not have the Repair Install function.

This feature checks all local files on your computer against the files Origin has on their servers. If there are any corrupt files or discrepancies, those files will be replaced or downloaded again. The file check can take up to an hour to complete depending on the type of hardware you are using. Repair Install will first 'Check' the installation you have on your computer and then automatically download any replacement or missing files.

To use Repair Install for your game:

1. Go to My Games in Origin
  2. Right-click the game image
  3. Select "Repair Install"
Message 3 of 12 (8,098 Views)

★★★ Novice

HalfRedSpider 

i repaired the  ''game'' twice now.
takes for ever! to repair..

Then my second option was removing the game, reinstalling both the game and the world builder.
first the builder but that was no option since it requires KW to be installed.

hour later i got the same message saying something is corrupted or missing in the setup file..
are you from ea? kick your boss in the nuts for me..

if i knew this would happen i wouldn't bought the ultimate edition online.. 
FFS Frown

Message 4 of 12 (7,979 Views)

★★★ Novice

HELLO EA & ORIGIN! WAKE UP
HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!

Message 5 of 12 (7,948 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I literally have the exact same problem only with kanes wrath

please help!

Message 6 of 12 (7,821 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Oddly enough, I figured it out pretty quick. I wasn't having any luck using the internet-downloaded worldbuilders. The guy above wrote that the program was included with the retail version. Found it and just copied what was in the worldbuilder folder on the disc into the main Kane's wrath directory. 

Running XP and have the game auto updated. Kane's wrath worldbuilder works fine now.

Message 7 of 12 (7,784 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

i'm having this problem now, I downloaded the world builder and it installed into the origin folder but still won't start

Message 8 of 12 (6,014 Views)

★★ Guide
@Wardcalis

Make sure you're running Worldbuilder.exe as administrator.
Message 9 of 12 (6,003 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded the game from steam 2 days ago, i used the worldbuilder before but that was installed from disc and that worked fine.

First i had problems installing the worldbuilder, i did the part with regedit and add a \ to the path.

But now i get the message mentioned above, it does not match a file and cannot be installed...

I downloaded the C&C 3 worldbuilder without problems it only happens with kane's wrath one.

Any one know how to fix this yet ?

Cheers,

DH

Message 10 of 12 (5,844 Views)