Error: A redistributable package (DirectX) was not installed successfully.

by German7499

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Error: A redistributable package (DirectX) was not installed successfully.

★★★ Newbie

I am running Windows 10 and recently purchased the Ultimate Collection on origin. When I go to install it, it gives me the error:

(Error: A redistributable package (DirectX) was not installed successfully)

I've tried a couple things ranging from reinstalling to manual install, no matter what, the game will not launch and continues to give me this error. I tried Red Alert 3 as well and am getting the same error. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 4 (8,971 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Error: A redistributable package (DirectX) was not installed successfully.

[ Edited ]
Hero

@German7499

Ah, that. The problem with manual install is probably that these are not the latest DirectX components; they are components from around the time the game was released. Apparently the modern DirectX is missing some of these old features. Try if this works:

• Download the DirectX Redistributables package from June 2010. Be sure to uncheck any other junk they want to add to it. It should be a file called "directx_Jun2010_redist.exe".
  • Run the downloaded file. It'll ask for a folder to unpack in. Make a new folder somewhere on your disk and unpack it there. It doesn't matter where you unpack it; it can be deleted afterwards anyway.
  • Go to the folder where you told it to extract.
  • Find "DXSETUP.exe", and run that to install the missing components.
  • After the installation finished, delete the folder you unpacked everything in.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (9,597 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

@German7499

Ah, that. The problem with manual install is probably that these are not the latest DirectX components; they are components from around the time the game was released. Apparently the modern DirectX is missing some of these old features. Try if this works:

• Download the DirectX Redistributables package from June 2010. Be sure to uncheck any other junk they want to add to it. It should be a file called "directx_Jun2010_redist.exe".
  • Run the downloaded file. It'll ask for a folder to unpack in. Make a new folder somewhere on your disk and unpack it there. It doesn't matter where you unpack it; it can be deleted afterwards anyway.
  • Go to the folder where you told it to extract.
  • Find "DXSETUP.exe", and run that to install the missing components.
  • After the installation finished, delete the folder you unpacked everything in.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 4 (9,598 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It Did not work for me.

Message 3 of 4 (7,589 Views)

★ Novice
If possible, make sure Windows Defender is disable while the install runs or any other anti-malware application you have. IObit Anti-Malware was keeping the directx redist from installing on my PC.
Message 4 of 4 (3,833 Views)