Re: Download error form Origin, live support couldn't help

by EA_David

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Download error form Origin, live support couldn't help

★★★ Newbie

actually i'm old C&C gamer specially that amazing one Generals: Zero hour & Red alert 2, and i used to play them cracked copy as i lost the CD-Keys since long time ago untill one of my friends told me that EA retrun the support of these titles and he advised me to purchase the Collection edition from Origin and enjoy all old & new C&C titles so i just purshased C&C The Ultimate Collection yesterday and created origin account as i never used Origin before

however i can't download these titles as the origin stuck on preparing to download and after long time it gives me download error message

i tried to download another titles which is not related to C&C like need for speed world and everything is fine (download & install succeed)  !

again i tried to download another title to make sure that the problem is not only related to C&C titles, so i selected Mass effect (demo version) and seems that it also have same issue like C&C titles

also i tried from differenet PC conected to diffrenet internet connection and also have same issue

at the end i asked my friend (lives in same country but another city) to login to my Origin account and try to download any C&C title and it downloaded fine !

after many tries & possible solutions and open many help cases, Origin Live support report that they can't help anymore and they gave me US phone number to call EA team to request their help

unfortunately, such phone call can cost equal or more that the C&C Ultimate Collection cost itself, i asked the live support to provide me with another methods to contact EA but they said the only way to solve your problem is to call EA team in USA

moreover, all VoIP services like skype is blocked in Dubai

i wish if i can get any help with this issue or even contact EA team throught emails, website, skype (PC to PC) or any method except Phone Calling

Message 1 of 4 (448 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@NGXII Hi, thanks for posting on this. Can I ask if this is affecting any other games? We don't want folks to need to use a VPN, so I wonder can you try swapping to Safe Mode Downloading and see if that lets you install?

If you choose Origin > Application Settings > Advanced within the Origin client, you should see the option to run the download in Safe Mode.

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (310 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
[SOLVED] Tried to call US office twice each time 30 mins and no one answer
And tried again with origin live support and they could not detect the problem

I asked for refund and the advisor didn't reply me

So finally i tried with my friend many possible solutions, then we found that somehow Origin couldnt connect to download servers, so we tried to use VPN program and finally it download

To anyone face same issue, try to install software called (hotspot shield) then download from origin once the download process start you can dissconnent the VPN connection (Origin will stop then will resume downloading again)

At the end i just would like to tell EA, shame on big organization like you to have such poor support !
Message 2 of 4 (422 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I was just now having the same problem with Red Alert 2, thank you for finding this solution!

Message 3 of 4 (323 Views)

Community Manager

@NGXII Hi, thanks for posting on this. Can I ask if this is affecting any other games? We don't want folks to need to use a VPN, so I wonder can you try swapping to Safe Mode Downloading and see if that lets you install?

If you choose Origin > Application Settings > Advanced within the Origin client, you should see the option to run the download in Safe Mode.

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 4 (311 Views)