Original Post

Directx 9 Error.

★★★ Newbie

Can you help with directx 9 error?

Message 1 of 3 (721 Views)

Re: Directx 9 Error.

Hero

@Cemaleke12234567 

The problem is that the "or higher" refers to higher versions of DirectX 9, not higher versions of DirectX beyond version 9. The game can't actually use the DirectX 10 or DirectX 11 that is installed on windows machines by default nowadays.

The solution is simple; install DirectX 9:

• Download the DirectX Redistributables package from June 2010. Be sure to uncheck any other junk they want to add to it. It should be a file called "directx_Jun2010_redist.exe".
  • Run the downloaded file. It'll ask for a folder to unpack in. Make a new folder somewhere on your disk and unpack it there. It doesn't matter where you unpack it; it can be deleted afterwards anyway.
  • Go to the folder where you told it to extract.
  • Find "DXSETUP.exe", and run that to install the missing components.
  • After the installation finished, delete the folder you unpacked everything in.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 3 (681 Views)

Re: Directx 9 Error.

★★★ Newbie

HI, I am experiencing the same issue but when I try to install the package the installation fails, do you know why this may be?

Message 3 of 3 (585 Views)