Custom Maps Install - Windows 10

by worldlus

Original Post

Re: Custom Maps Install - Windows 10

★★★ Novice
@mrtnptrs You are awesome. I thank you for not giving up and helping me through all this and getting me through my mistakes. Thanks again.
Message 11 of 21 (2,813 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@worldlus Haha, I know :P (I'm so humble, aren't I? :P) And like the great almighty Gregory House M.D. once said: Occam's Razor--the simplest explanation is almost always that somebody screwed up :P Haha, happy to help Standard smile
Message 12 of 21 (2,790 Views)

★ Novice

Can someone help me here i have a simillar issue with World Builder. i can not get my custom made maps to show up in game. i made several maps to try and narrow my issue but to no Avail. i have not found 1 person who knows how to fix this, been on so many forum threads from a few years back and still no one usefull. i am making a Mission series for me and my friends to play and enjoy but im having issues with the Map not being found in the game itself. 

Message 13 of 21 (2,578 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@mrtnptrs

YOU M%TERF$CK#R!!

You did it! You solved my problem too!

I used your Winblows 10, Regedit fix, on Windows 7!
After adding the Dword value "UseLocalUserMaps" in the Electronic Arts folder, INSIDE the Electronic Arts folder..!

I was busy for 2 weeks trying to get it to work!

Re-installations, in different folders, trying other launchers, tried different map Installers, With or without "Origin-In-Game" on, Looked through .ini files...! Tried hand installation of maps, Etc..!

But yours works!!

Only slight problem is... I can't play the Tiberium Essence mod anymore, via CNC3_Mod_Installer...
It will show up, but won't launch after selecting the mod or the vanilla option!

(which I would love to do! Is such a awesome mod!

Anyways... Thank you a lot!!

Message 14 of 21 (2,489 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Somewhere out there there is a tree, tirelessly producing oxygen so you can breathe. I think you owe it an apology." is something he also said lol you fixed the problem tho thanks. #HouseMD

Message 15 of 21 (2,158 Views)

★★★ Newbie

your awesome, thankyou , been looking how to do this for ages thought it couldn't be done in origin and it can, thanks again 

Message 16 of 21 (2,107 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@mrtnptrs Thank you very much for this, you're a legend, peace out from Australia Standard smile
Message 17 of 21 (1,871 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Do you have a solution for this exact problem in command and conquer generals base game aswell? Can't seem to find the "maps" map once I go in the data tab.

Message 18 of 21 (1,151 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello, just installed the game through the EA app on my new Win11 machine,  and I still cannot load maps. I have created the Maps folder and updated the registry, as recommended.I also copied the maps to the recently created folder, but still cannot see them when I start the game. I used the maps from my old Win10 machine, which loads all my maps without any issues. Any other recommendations?

Message 19 of 21 (1,099 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have exactly the same problem and I can't find a solution, can someone help us?

Message 20 of 21 (771 Views)