dont have ssleay32.dll. origin repairs and says its fine. Its NOT!

by chin12345

Original Post

Continuously getting an error of "missing ssleay32.dll" when i try to play command & conquer ultimate collection

★★★ Newbie

i am getting the following error (Missing required file "ssleay32.dll") when i try to play any of the games in Command & Conquer Ultimate Collection. 

I have  Window 7 Home Premium 64 bit running on a Core i5 with 4 GB RAM and a 1GB Graphic card Radeon HD 5470.

I really liked command & conquer and bought this ultimate collection as it said that it would work on windows 7 but it seems theres a problem. PLEASE HELP

Message 13 of 35 (24,340 Views)

problem with red alert 2 and red alert yuri revenge

★★★ Newbie

I am having an issue with red alert 2 and red alert yuri's revenge. when i launch the game i can't see any of the visual stuff and when it gets to the main screen none of the button show up. When i tried to repair it, it said that i was missing something called ssleay32.dll or something like that. Is there something im doing wrong here?

Message 1 of 35 (24,931 Views)

Re: problem with red alert 2 and red alert yuri revenge

★ Pro

Is this the Ultimate Collection version?

Message 2 of 35 (24,901 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue with RA2/Yuri from The Ultimate Collection. Generals and other games from the TUC work but RA2/Yuri have problems displaying the movies and menu options. I get sound from the movies but no picture and the menu backgrounds but no text.

Message 3 of 35 (24,881 Views)

missing files for C&C TS

★★ Newbie

ive reinstalled the game 3 times and keep getting the same message, missing file ssleay32.dll file. anyways to fix this?

Message 4 of 35 (24,029 Views)

Re: missing files for C&C TS

★ Pro

Try running it as an administrator.

Message 5 of 35 (24,021 Views)

★ Pro

Try running it as an admin.

Message 6 of 35 (24,845 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Have tried running this as admin and in compatabiity mode and still no visuals only audio. Is the exact same problem i had with RA2 from TFD and Win 7, i bought the UC thinking it had been fixed and I would be able to play on win 7! any ideas?

Message 7 of 35 (24,829 Views)

How to make the games work on windows 7 64bit?

★ Novice

I bought the ultimate collection and now I get the same problems that occur when trying to play The First Decade on windows 7 64bit.

I'm a computer noob so I don't have much of an idea what I'm supposed to do to make the games work after downloading and installing through origins.

Message 8 of 35 (24,801 Views)

Generals not working

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded c&c generals and installed the game,but when I try and play it I get the message: "missing required file ssleay32.dll"! I tried doing repair install and after I still got the same message,what can I do to fix it?

Message 9 of 35 (23,977 Views)