Command and conquer 3 not working Windows 10

by rob39874

Original Post

Command and conquer 3 not working Windows 10

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Purchased the command and conquer pack and got all the other games working I have tried some of the solutions like download Direct x again

But all i get the the fatal error fault

Downloading C++ as advised by EA support and even trying compatability mode.

They have said they cannot help anymore and looking at the forums this seems to be a common fault with Win 10 is there a solution that will allow me to play

Message 1 of 4 (434 Views)

Re: Command and conquer 3 not working Windows 10

Hero

@rob39874

But all i get the the fatal error fault

Exactly what error do you get?

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 4 (418 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Sorry fatal error exception in exception handler
Message 3 of 4 (412 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@rob39874

Ah. The "Exception in exception handler" problem has been confirmed to be a problem in the video drivers of the Intel HD graphics cards (see the thread about it).

Apparently; after the problem first appeared, an update to the drivers solved it, but now I've been hearing reports of it popping back up again lately.

So, the first thing you should try to do is updating your video drivers. If that doesn't work, try finding slightly older drivers and installing those instead, until the problem is solved. The drivers from June 2014 were confirmed by a user to solve the problem for them.

If you do manage to solve it this way, please do share which drivers (the release date and/or version number) solved the issue for you.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 4 of 4 (403 Views)