Command and Conquer will not launch

by apaxx77

Original Post

Re: Command and Conquer will not launch

★★ Novice

LoL.... I had this box unchecked already since a long time ago, and I'm still experiencing the issue!!!!! None of the Generals is working.

I'm on Windows 8.1 64 bit. C&C the Ultimate Collection (FYI C&C Tiberium Wars is working, both vanilla and expansion).

My Generals used to work before, but somehow now I can't play it

Message 11 of 14 (1,488 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@elmanny79 wrote:

LoL.... I had this box unchecked already since a long time ago, and I'm still experiencing the issue!!!!! None of the Generals is working.

I'm on Windows 8.1 64 bit. C&C the Ultimate Collection (FYI C&C Tiberium Wars is working, both vanilla and expansion).

My Generals used to work before, but somehow now I can't play it

The boxes on the individual games are the other way around, though. Those are to disable Origin In Game, so if you do it per-game, you need to check it.

I suggest you check out the sticky thread on how to run the older games on Win8. It gives a few more possible solutions.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 12 of 14 (1,476 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did not work for me.

Message 13 of 14 (1,227 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi I was wondering if you change the Compatibility settings on Properties if you wanna play Generals and Zero Hour switch it to Win 7 and if you wanna play RA2 and YR switch it to Win 98 or Win Me YR works for Win XP Pack 3 for me idk about you just thought I tell you hope this helps also I run it on Admin just to be safe

Message 14 of 14 (980 Views)