Re: Command and Conquer Ultimate Edition (Origin) exception handler fatal messag

by Nyerguds

Original Post

Command and Conquer Ultimate Edition (Origin) exception handler fatal message

★★★ Newbie

So I have seen so many threads and boards of people finding and trying so many different solutions to this problem it gives a bit of a headache. So anyway I got the steam version of CnC3 and got the exception in exception handler message.

I tried:

1. the compatibility modes
  2. running it as the administrator
  3. the DirectX patch
  4. moving files around
  5. uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times 

None of it worked. So I got a refund from steam and tried the origin Ultimate Edition to see if that one worked and no such luck for me. I went through the same process again but through the origin version.

At the moment I still really want to play CnC3 and Kanes Wrath but I have no clue how to fix this problem I'm trying to run this on windows 10 and I have an Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600.

There is probably a patch for the graphics driver but I have not found one as of this moment so if anybody knows of a solution I will try just about anything because I love this game and I really really want to play it again.

Message 1 of 4 (341 Views)

Re: Command and Conquer Ultimate Edition (Origin) exception handler fatal messag

Hero

@Alphacentari42

Apparently this is an issue in the drivers of the Intel HD card. The only solution we found so far is downgrading the drivers to a version from before the issue appeared:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/C-C-The-Ultimate-Collection/Kane-s-Wrath-quot-Fatal-Error-Exception-in-Exc...

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 4 (318 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@Nyerguds

I have downloaded the redistribution pack and installed it multiple times and I still get the exception in exception handler message. Do you have an idea o what might be happening or have another possible solution?

Message 3 of 4 (311 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Alphacentari42

Look at the bold text please, not just at the start of the message. As I said, you need an older version of the Intel HD graphics driver. The thread I linked to clearly says you need a version at least as old as June 2014.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 4 of 4 (306 Views)