Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun

by daniter2

Original Post

Re: Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem but I have Windows 7 and getting the same exact menu display problem. I have went thru the orgins/EA tech support and that was a waste of time. All the research that I have looked into has been dead ends. There has to be a game patch out there to fix this or a process defect that can be fixed. Don't tell me that this problem is incurable like AIDS or HIV. 

Message 11 of 54 (28,618 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Running Windows 8, same problem the popups don't work.

Tried hitting enter to just go into Skirmish, but the game instantly locked up.

This is such a shame as it's one of my favourites in the series.

Message 12 of 54 (28,612 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I found THE fix!!!!!  I am running windows 8.1 but this will work for 8 and maybe even 7 as well..

There are 2 parts to this fix.  Most people have already done part 1, but just to be sure follow these instructions completely...

First set the compatability of the game: 

Open File Explorer   (You can do this easily by right clicking the little window or Start on the bottom left of your screen and selecting File Explorer)

Click Windows_OS :C (C Drive)

Open Program Files (x86)

Open Origin Games Folder (not Origin)

Open Command & Conquer Tiberium Sun Folder (keep this window open for step two)

Scroll down until you find the Game (File Type Application)

Highlight game by single clicking on it, then right click to bring up the pop-up menu

Select Properties at the bottom of the pop-up menu

Select the Compatability tab in the Game Properties window

Check the box "Run this program in compatabilty mode for:"

Select Windows XP (Service Pack 2)

Also check the box below that says "Reduce Color Mode"

Then set the color mode to 16-bit color

Also check the box "Run this program as an admistrator"

Apply Settings and Then Click Okay

Half way there......

Next Download this file and then open the folder.  I promise there is no malware or anything negative, just a few simple files.  (Copy and paste if below link doesn't work)

[External links removed - Admin.]

Click to save the file and once it downloads open the folder, you should see the file Win8fix, open this and follow remaining instructions

Once again Open File Explorer   

Click Windows_OS :C (C Drive)

Open Program Files (x86)

Open Origin Games Folder (not Origin)

Open Command & Conquer Tiberium Sun Folder

Now Simply drag the files from the download folder into the open Tiberium Sun Folder and launch the program as normal!!!!!!!!!!

I Hope this works for everyone as well as it did for me!!!!!!

Message 13 of 54 (28,605 Views)

★★★ Newbie

im sorry but that fix did not work for me nether did the first one is it just me or is it everyone?

Message 14 of 54 (28,509 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Nope, not just you. I've followed it to the tee. But it dosent work. I think the game is obsolete and we as ppl have to move on. Of the company will never tell u that.
Message 15 of 54 (28,505 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Found a fix for missing menus for Windows 7!!!

[External links removed - Admin.]

DL this and extract files to your game folder. Even though its a Win 8 fix it worked for me!   The beginning load up was slightly slow and it took a few seconds for the menus to pop up. But it works flawlessly now!

Hope this helps.

Message 16 of 54 (28,452 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I will back up Th3Endl3ss here the dll's in this zip file FIX the windows 8 issue!

Please note you have to extract the files from the zip file into the base directory of the game, if you just put the zip file there without extracting it will not work.

"...\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun"

I have the game running great now!

Its on a Win 8.1 (x64) laptop fyi

Message 17 of 54 (28,448 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yip, although I didn't have to change the display resolution, xp pro sp2 and your files in the westwood directory, worked fine FINALLY!!!

Message 18 of 54 (28,402 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Pcobb23 is a life saver his fix worked instantly, and it only took 2 minutes now the game works perfectly!! Pcobb23 you are the MAN!!! Thank you soo much!!
Message 19 of 54 (28,372 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I tried using this "fix" and it didn't help much. I'm able to get into the submenus, but when I try to adjust the display settings, the game still locks up.

Edit:

After closing the game after using the "fix", I was able to go into sun.ini and change the resolution.

Message 20 of 54 (28,277 Views)