Command and Conquer: The Ultimate Collection resolution issues

by ISenilePenileI

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Command and Conquer: The Ultimate Collection resolution issues

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

System:

Windows 10 on a late 2013 15 inch macbook pro. Might be the reason but I highly doubt it.

Screen resolution is 2880x1800

Problem:

On every single game when I launch it the game makes it so that I can only see a quarter to a third of the game. I cant take screenshots but the best way I can explain this is that when I launch the game the menu options are large and in the lower right corner. For y'all that still remember your graphing I can only see quadrant 2 and nothing else. I can't change the resolution in game also.

What I have tried:

Launching games with dxwnd

Changing my screen resolution

going into conquer.ini (for some)

trying to go into ddraw, I say trying because I flat out cant find the file

I tried searching on google and youtube but I just cant find someone with this specific problem. Thanks ahead of time. I cant even take screenshots because I cant use dxwnd to launch the game in windowed mode so let me know if I didn't describe my situation well enough.

Message 1 of 5 (1,057 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Command and Conquer: The Ultimate Collection resolution issues

★★★★★ Newbie

im stupid, the scale was the issue. I set the scale to 300% and when I dropped it back down to 100% the problem was solved. Kinda annoying but at least its not a complicated fix.

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (1,027 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@ISenilePenileI 

trying to go into ddraw, I say trying because I flat out cant find the file

ddraw.ini is part of the community patches for C&C1 and RA1. You won't find them in the standard download.

A lot of the games have been upgraded with community-created unofficial patches that fix a lot of their bugs and compatibility problems. You can find them here:

Command & Conquer 1:

Red Alert 1:

Tiberian Sun:

Red Alert 2:

• I advise installing the CnCNet online play installer for RA2/YR. Even if you're not interested in online play, it comes with a bunch of automatic fixes. It should automatically take care of the "black screen" issue, and has a configuration tool that allows further tweaking of the game's settings.

Generals:

• GenTool seems to be the main patch for Generals these days. The website is kind of vague on what it does besides restoring multiplayer and adding anti-cheat, but I heard it does a lot to make it work better on modern OSes too.

Renegade:

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 5 (1,040 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

im stupid, the scale was the issue. I set the scale to 300% and when I dropped it back down to 100% the problem was solved. Kinda annoying but at least its not a complicated fix.

Message 3 of 5 (1,028 Views)

★ Novice

So basically EA put out an unfinished product and expects the player to do their job for them? Yup typical EA.

Message 4 of 5 (768 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this problem now but can't seem to find how to adjust the scaling of the game? Where is that located? im sure i found it at one point and just keep overlooking it lol.

Message 5 of 5 (699 Views)