Re: Command and Conquer The Ultimate Collection Additional Content won't launch.

by Nyerguds

Original Post

Command and Conquer The Ultimate Collection ATTENTION!!!!!! DOES NOT WORK!

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Command and Conquer The Ultimate Collection ATTENTION!!!!!! DOES NOT WORK! 

Donot buy this pack! 

Good day, ladies and gentlemen!

I bought myself a command and conquer ultimate collection pack. (https://www.origin.com/store/command-and-conquer/command-and-conquer-the-ultimate-collection)

launched the game-GENERALS! Jobs, played a couple of missions. I started the game, the next day for which I bought this pack - Red Allert 2 and red alert yuri's revenge.

Both games do not work, this is either a blue-yellow background, or just a black screen.

I can not return the purchase. Support is not responding. I ask you to be vigilant, since this product is not working.

If anyone has a solution to this problem - write will be grateful. Maybe someone has the experience of returning funds for such games!

Message 1 of 7 (883 Views)

Re: Command and Conquer The Ultimate Collection Additional Content won't launch.

[ Edited ]
Hero

@PowerOfArena 

Uh, so why does your thread title specify "Additional Content"? The Additional Content is just an item that opens a folder with bonus wallpapers and such.

As for the other games...

A lot of the games have been upgraded with community-created unofficial patches that fix a lot of their bugs and compatibility problems. You can find them here:

Command & Conquer 1:

Red Alert 1:

Tiberian Sun:

Red Alert 2:

• I advise installing the CnCNet online play installer for RA2/YR. Even if you're not interested in online play, it comes with a bunch of automatic fixes. It should automatically take care of the "black screen" issue, and has a configuration tool that allows further tweaking of the game's settings.

Generals:

• GenTool seems to be the main patch for Generals these days. The website is kind of vague on what it does besides restoring multiplayer and adding anti-cheat, but I heard it does a lot to make it work better on modern OSes too.

Renegade:

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 7 (861 Views)

★★ Novice
@Nyerguds it's all great! I will not understand this now, I just want my money back. I was deceived and sold me a non-working game! I just want to WARP(ALARM) people on the forum - DO NOT BUY this garbage!

There are tips on how to get my money back?
Message 3 of 7 (852 Views)

Hero

@PowerOfArena 

The games simply have their problems... it's just general "old games on new systems" issues. There's nowhere else you can buy them that will make them magically work better, especially since the DRM of the original CD versions is no longer supported by Windows itself.

I'm just a volunteer here who knows a lot about getting these games running, though. If you choose not to play the games at all, just because you don't want to look into the available community patches, that's your own business, but, me just being a volunteer, I have no idea how Origin's refund systems work. You'll have to figure that one out yourself, sorry.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 4 of 7 (837 Views)

★★ Novice
@Nyerguds exactly i'm trying to figure it out. I was deceived! I want to help people not to be deceived.

The game is not working for sale! The rest is irrelevant. Buying a product like a computer you do not write drivers for its hardware in a low-level programming language. Understand it and be careful
gl hf mate!
Message 5 of 7 (826 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

The problem was that the  Command and Conquer The Ultimate Collection which we have paid for and downloaded is using another path structure than the one your patches are using or asking for...can you please do something about it ? 

Best regards 

Virtualfigther69

Message 6 of 7 (576 Views)

Hero

@Virtualfighter69 

The patches will generally autodetect the locations of the games based on registry settings, and if not, they will simply ask you to specify the game install folder. So I don't really see the issue there. If the autodetect fails, simply select the install folder manually.

If you don't know where your games are installed, open the Origin menu and select "Application Settings". In the settings screen, go to the "Installs & Saves" tab. There, under "on your computer", you can see the path of the Game library location.

To easily open the folder in your file explorer, click "Change", and in the dialog that pops up, right click the selected folder and choose "Open in new window" from the context menu. In the explorer window that opens you can then browse to the actual installation folders of your games.

Image Guide

Message 7 of 7 (555 Views)