Command and Conquer RA2 slow game play

by pockets1329

Original Post

Command and Conquer RA2 slow game play

★★★ Newbie

I am currently on Windows 10 and have purchased the Command and Conquer pack. I am having issues trying to play RA2, the game play is amazingly slow and I can barely do anything. Any suggestions on a fix for this?

Message 1 of 5 (1,308 Views)

Re: Command and Conquer RA2 slow game play

[ Edited ]
Hero

@pockets1329

I'd suggest fiddling around with the compatibility mode set on the game executable.

Besides that, though, Command & Conquer 1, Red Alert 1 and Tiberian Sun have all been upgraded with community-created unofficial patches that fix a lot of their bugs and compatibility problems, and for Red Alert 2, there's a more general patch that solves a lot of its graphics problems. You can find them here:

Command & Conquer 1:

Red Alert 1:

Tiberian Sun:

Red Alert 2:

• The graphics system patch DDWrapper is known to solve several graphics related issues, including the "black screen" issue.
    Download the zip file and extract "ddraw.dll" and "aqrit.cfg" into your game folder. Then, open the configuration file "aqrit.cfg" in Notepad, change the "ForceDirectDrawEmulation" option to 1, save the file, and run the game again.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 5 (1,292 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thank you very much for the reply. I will try those patches and see if I can get it working

Cheers
Message 3 of 5 (1,281 Views)

★★ Novice
did it work?
Message 4 of 5 (1,181 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@gorris67 Yes. It solved that issue.
Message 5 of 5 (842 Views)