Message 42 of 95 (13,936 Views)

Re: Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour - Windows 10

★★★ Newbie

Where can I get the no-cd patch from?

Thanks

Message 43 of 95 (13,617 Views)

★★ Novice

ok i have tried everything listed in this thread, all compatibility modes, the no cd patch, run as admin,  none of it works for me. can anyone confirm that paying for the game again through origin and getting the downloaded version will fix the problem (also the code on the original packaging can NOT be added to your origin acount to get your game working as previously claimed in here. tried that too. i like this game enough im willing to buy it AGAIN if i know it will work, im not buying a game i already paid for to see if it might work. very frustrated with ea & origin at the mome3nt

Message 44 of 95 (13,459 Views)

★★ Novice

ok i got mine working, hope this helps others. my fix was a combination of previous ideas with 1 twist.

step one: i repurchased the entire command and conquer games series through Origin to get around the no disc problem

step two: i went into the options file in both the command and conquer generals and zero hour folders and edited the resolution value to 1920 1080 and saved them

step three: dont mess with resolution value in game under options or you will have to repeat step 2 to be able to play again

fix should work on any game in the series where the stock video option was showing invalid option and has an options file under documents. 3 days worth of headache......kind of surprised ea didnt do this as a patch

Message 45 of 95 (13,438 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi

I had similar secdrv issues with Generals and a patch that came down for Win 7 last year

The fix was to start a cmd prompt as admin

Start > run>type cmd - from list of progs produced (cmd should be top) right mouse click & run as Admin

in the admin cmd box type sc start secdrv & Enter

C&C should now run

To stop the secdrv (obviously someone at MS thought it was a security breach in the same admin box type

sc stop secdrv

The full list of commands are :

sc config secdrv start= disabled

To set the driver's service to manual, type the following command:

sc config secdrv start= demand

To enable the driver's service (and to set it to automatic), type the following command:

sc config secdrv start=auto

To manually start the driver's service, type the following command:

sc start secdrv

To manually stop the driver's service, type the following command:

sc stop secdrv

I've just upgraded to Win 10  which has totally stopped this hack working

Message 46 of 95 (13,293 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello I am new here and have had the same problem as you guys and have found a different solution .

I did some reasurch and found that a Security Update with the number KB3086255 is the cause of my problem . Before the update Command and Conquer Generals was working fine on my Window 7 computer , after the up date it will not run and giving the error message " Please login with administrator privileges and try again " .

So I have uninstalled KB3086255 and now Command and Conquer Generals runs as before on my Window 7 computer .

I am not sure what the long term affects will be as this is or was a security update , so if you decide to try it , it will be up to you .

Just wanted to share my experience not sure if it will help Windows 10 . Thanks

Message 47 of 95 (12,722 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Boa noite Srs, estou com problema no funcionamento do C&C (Command and Conquer Generals), inicia a tela para abrir e da erro, (Game.dat parou de funcionar).

Good evening Mr. , I have problem in the operation of C & C (Command and Conquer Generals ) , starts the screen to open and error , ( Game.dat stopped working ) . What should I do to make it work in Windows 10 ?

Message 48 of 95 (12,377 Views)

★★★ Newbie

could you please provide us with the link to download a no-cd exe that works on windows 10? I can't find any.

Message 49 of 95 (11,720 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also tried running Generals ZH on Win 10, and it does nothing.  I also own ALL of the C&C games, love them, and have been playing them. The ONLY ones that work for me is 3 (Kane's Wrath), and 4.  Wish MSN would think about things like this instead of just looking at the money they make off of people, and FORCE companies like this one to make new games that come out then are not compatible with newer OS'.  Hope there can be a fix for this problem rather soon cause I am really frustrated. Oh I also have trouble registering my games, and getting them into Origin, as it does not accept my CD Keys for registering through the automated system from launching the game, and/or from the website.  Keeps giving me the not correct Key Code error.  *sigh*

Message 50 of 95 (11,687 Views)