Right click on the C&C shortcut
Click properties
Click compatibility tab
Check run this program in compatibility mode
Then choose windows 7 or xp
Message 22 of 95 (33,836 Views)

Re: Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour - Windows 10

★★★ Newbie

i have also problem with zero hour, when i double click zero hour main splash coming and then black screen come then again in windows desktop. i done all, clean install, change option in documents, make compatible windows xp, run as administrator but nothing happen same result. zero hour exe file stuck in task manager

Message 23 of 95 (33,632 Views)

★★★ Newbie

windows 10 said in diagnostic this program not compatible with windows. it mean we can not play zero hour with windows 10, or we just install windows 8 then you can play but with windows 10 is not, now because nobody care...

Message 24 of 95 (33,525 Views)

★ Novice

Where do you get the no-cd patch from?

Message 25 of 95 (33,392 Views)

★ Novice

hi folks,

rather than downloading some obscure no-cd patch, you ought to try changing the resolution in the options.ini file
(resides in documents/c&c folder) - mine was set to 1024x768 - changed it to 1920x1200 (fill in your res) .. et voilà, works for me.

cheers & hf

Message 26 of 95 (33,320 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have win8.2 I have the same problem Frown

Message 27 of 95 (33,232 Views)

★★ Guide

Hello @heejensen,

Please try following these steps in the following link:

Link to possible fix: Click here

Make sure to change your resolution setting to "1920 1080" after completing  all those steps.

I hope I have solved your problem,

IMILOUDI

Every word that is said by me comes from me and represents me.
Anything I say does not represent EA.
I am not an Electronic Arts employee.

Message 28 of 95 (33,223 Views)

★★★ Newbie

how can i get command and conquer for windows 10?

Message 29 of 95 (32,841 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Microsoft update breaks Safedisc games on Windows Vista, 7 and 8

A recent security patch released this month, MS15-097 Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Graphics Component Could Allow Remote Code Execution, breaks computer games that rely on the DRM system Safedisc on Microsoft's Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 operating system.

Games that rely on Safedisc include the Age of Empire series, Battlefield 1942, Civilization 3, various Command and Conquer games or Microsoft Flight Simulator. These are all old games released more than 10 years ago but still playable on modern systems.

The security bulletin itself mentions that the update resolves vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and Lync which attackers could exploit to run code remotely on affected systems.

The description on Microsoft's Knowledge Base adds that the security bulletin "addresses a defense-in-depth update for the secdrv.sys driver, a third-party driver" by turning the service for the driver off.

The driver secdrv.sys is used by Macrovision's SafeDisc copy protection scheme.

This has the consequence that games that rely on Safedisc won't work anymore on all systems the patch was installed on.

The same Knowledge Base articles offers a workaround to play these games on patched systems again. The caveat is that doing so will render the systems vulnerable again. Microsoft states explicitly that it does not recommend the workaround because of this.

The workaround requires that you start the driver before you play games that require Securom and stop it again the moment you are finished playing these games.

All commands require an elevated command prompt. On Windows 8 press Windows-X, and select Command Prompt (admin) from the context menu. In earlier versions of Windows, tap on the Windows-key, type cmd.exe, right-click on the result and select "run as administrator".

To start the service manually

Run the command sc start secdrv which starts the service if it is installed on the system.

To stop the service manually

Run the command sc stop secdrv which stops it immediately so that the system is no longer vulnerable to attacks.

Microsoft has released instructions on how to make the changes permanent. While that is more convenient than having to run these commands before each game session, it makes the system vulnerable to attacks again.

Please note that the service is only installed on the system if a game that required the DRM was installed on it.

Windows 10, Microsoft's newest operating system won't run games requiring SecuROM or SafeDisc as well because of security loopholes they may introduce on the system.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/C-C-The-Ultimate-Collection/Microsoft-update-breaks-Safedisc-games-on-Windo...

maybe this can help others

Standard smile

Message 30 of 95 (32,802 Views)