Re: Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour - Windows 10 LAN multiplayer issue

by Smurfgirlz2

Original Post

Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour - Windows 10 LAN multiplayer issue

★★★ Newbie

Trying to play C&C Generals ZH with my son, both are legit copy installs via separate Origin accounts.  Game launches and can be played solo on either my Win7 or his Win10 system just fine, the problem we are having is with LAN based multiplayer.  We can "see" each other when creating the game regardless of who hosts and have tried both "direct" and simply allowing the game to find one another, but in all cases as soon as we launch the game into multiplayer on the Win10 system it will immediately indicate it lost connection to my Win7 system.  On my Win7 system it will eventually bring up the Vote box after about 30secs, so it certainly seems to be something being blocked on the Win10 side  We have disabled firewalls on both systems, disabled AV/malware products, attempted running in multiple compatibility modes, manually adjusted the Options.ini file to include the following lines, but nothing works... any ideas?  Seems to simply be something blocking network communication (Win10 side):

FirewallBehavior = 1
FirewallNeedToRefresh = FALSE
FirewallPortAllocationDelta = 0

I have even tried disabling IPv6 support on both systems in the hopes that might help, but no-go. Anyone have any ideas?  I really enjoy playing this game in a multiplayer LAN configuration.

Also, can anyone confirm the attached are the required network ports for multiplayer LAN PLAY?  Maybe I'll do some packet captures...

Thank you

Message 1 of 3 (13,796 Views)

Community Manager

Hmm, the only info I have for Zh ports is here: http://help.ea.com/au/article/command-conquer-series-online-ports/

I'm wondering if he has upgraded an existing machine to W10. I've seen some cases where this can lead to some incomplete permissions and odd behaviour. If they go to the ZH executable, then check Properties > Security and check that everything is set to Allow perhaps that'll have an effect. It's probably not a factor, but might be worth checking. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 3 (13,760 Views)

★★ Novice

We are also having this issue, only the link in the possible fix is no longer valid.  Anyone remember what to do to fix this issue?  Ironically, we played just fine till about a week ago, then it just went wacky.

Message 3 of 3 (12,102 Views)