Command and Conquer: Generals Zero Hour [NEW AMD DRIVERS]

by iExonick

Original Post

Re: Command and Conquer: Generals Zero Hour [NEW AMD DRIVERS]

★★ Novice
@Saki8b same here just got my plugin gpu damn amd might put my old nvidia card back in as had no trouble with that 1
Message 11 of 20 (1,456 Views)

★★ Novice

Well it's maybe our hardware. 

solution is to build full fresh PC. which is currant gen PC. 

all works well on those.

I upgraded recently I don't have provables but my fathers PC is from 2013. those PC giving problem with old games. I don't understand the logic but upgrading is the only solution  

Message 12 of 20 (1,452 Views)

★★ Novice

mine is kinda current its rizan 3 with amd radeon r9 380 gpu and 32gb ddr4 ram. kanes wrath works on an up note lol

Message 13 of 20 (1,450 Views)

★★ Novice

change that GPU. I mean everything currant gen.  

minimum starts with new Navi gpus and RTX 20 series. 

those have no issue. 

I'm with 3600x with rtx 3070 gigabyte brand. 

ram gskill. mobo Steel legend 450

16gb 3200bus .

I checked in similar different PC. 

I gave my ID to my friends to verify. 

one with Cpu 3900x asus tuf rtx 3070

mobo tuf X570 and other with 3700x Gigabyte x570 arous master  with RX 5700xt

then changed mine this April and checked myself. it has something to do hardware and software combination I think 

my fathers PC is Intel 4770K with Asus strix 980ti DDR3 2133 bus. 16GB Transcend. 

but those PC have problem. 

even my old 1500x with mobo asrock b350 gaming k4 RX580 having issue... 

So my guess is the hardware and the software compatibility.  

also fault from dev. they are gone so no support. 

Message 14 of 20 (1,436 Views)

★★ Novice
@Saki8b my game ie zero hour and even need for speed pro street with my nvidia 650 ti pro 2gb ddr5 i think it is even with all that i have in it but when i put the amd saphire gpu in thats when i got all the probs so its down to certian gpu's.so i might put my old gpu back in and put this gpu in my other pc that i will be selling as soon as i got a rizan 5 cpu lol
Message 15 of 20 (1,412 Views)

★★ Novice
@dirtjunkie101 btw im jay97045 if ya fancy adding me on origin i dint relise i was using an account i gave to a friend lol
Message 16 of 20 (1,408 Views)

★★ Novice

Good luck. It's just certain hardware and software issue from 2012 to 2017

Message 17 of 20 (1,407 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi i have rx580 amd will this solution work for me?

Message 18 of 20 (995 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@i39k70i1v15r This thread is old. By now, we have determined that these DirectX errors are all related to a library file that was left behind in the game from testing.

To solve the issues, find and delete the file "dbghelp.dll" in the game's install folder. There will be one in both the main Generals folder and the Zero Hour folder.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 19 of 20 (2,666 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ty i managed to find it at youtube but i tried it before. from other installation of cnc zero hour, didnt work.
but after i found new and easy cnc installation and did the ghelp removing thing and it worked, before that i tried the integrated graphics enabling, which didnt work lol. but after that i tried deleting ghelp, and worked. so ty

Message 20 of 20 (966 Views)