Command and Conquer 4 Tiberian Twilight will not launch win 8 64bit..

by wikne

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Command and Conquer 4 Tiberian Twilight will not launch win 8 64bit..

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

HI. I bought the C&C collection on origin and downloaded this game. When i try to launch it all i get is origin syncing,  a breif view of the games logo and a new mouse cursor working(blue circle spinning) for a few seconds then i goes back to origin or dektop depending on whre i start it from, and syncs again. I have trid to run it as admin and in different compability modes with the same result.  

Please help.

No problems with anything else, all games\programs runs fine.

system specs: intel 2500K,  HD6950, kingston hyperX 3x4 gb ram, Intel 520 ssd, 1000w psu, win 8 pro 64bit

Message 1 of 60 (66,491 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Command and Conquer 4 Tiberian Twilight will not launch win 8 64bit..

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Go to the download folder of Origin, and launch the CNC4Game.exe file. 

it will then open the launcherupdater graphically(the one that always opens in the background preventing launch) lettign you log into your EA/Origin account, and create your persona. After then you will probably have to log in again, and choose your persona. the game should launch fine after you do this. 

EA's QnA people should also have realized this "bug"/issue long ago and created a fix. 

View in thread

Message 10 of 60 (71,093 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

Same issue here, its asif the game cant connect to the official servers.

Message 2 of 60 (66,235 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue, I've re downloaded it 3 times to and run as admin 

Im on 64bit win 7

Message 3 of 60 (66,227 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Wow its been a few days and no one from EA Responded yet?

I feel really bad for People who payed full retail price for this game.

Message 4 of 60 (66,203 Views)

★★ Novice

Exact same problem here. Client and game are up to date, have tried allowing programs through firewall (even turning it off briefly whilst it starts) and granting administrative privileges to the programs, as well as reinstalling.

Running Win 8 64 bit, i7 4700k with a HD 7950

Message 5 of 60 (66,184 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having these problems as well, but mine is windows 7 64bit. So I have a feeling this is not related to OS version I have opened up multiple online chat sessions, only to be "disconnected" after explaining my problem with the game advisor. This is completely unaccetable customer service and would like to get this resolved.

I have tried reinstalling the game. Rebooting my PC. Updating my graphics card drivers. Lowering resolution to 800x600. Running as administrator. Changing compatabilty mode to multple different types of OS'. I have the exact same issues as the OP and someone from EA needs to help us out here.

I have a copy of my dxdiag I took last night if that would help as well. 

Message 6 of 60 (66,163 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just noticed something in my Task Manager. I saw about 10 different processes running that were CNC4UpdateManager.exe running. When I started killing those processes the game opened up. 

I have a feeling, EA, that your update manager for this game is not working correctly and should be looked into. I am now able to play the game, but this is still a problem.

Message 7 of 60 (66,160 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

after I read acottonshirts comments I checked my processes, and something called "LauncherUpdater" was there, like 10 of them, checked the properties and it belonged to cnc4, closed all of them and the game started.

Message 8 of 60 (65,991 Views)

★★★ Newbie

followed the updater posts above and killed the processors and still didn't work for me? any other solutions?

Message 9 of 60 (65,962 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Go to the download folder of Origin, and launch the CNC4Game.exe file. 

it will then open the launcherupdater graphically(the one that always opens in the background preventing launch) lettign you log into your EA/Origin account, and create your persona. After then you will probably have to log in again, and choose your persona. the game should launch fine after you do this. 

EA's QnA people should also have realized this "bug"/issue long ago and created a fix. 

Message 10 of 60 (71,094 Views)