Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars out of memory error

by Chapter7Seeds

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars out of memory error

★★★ Newbie

So Tiberium Wars keeps giving me this error: http://tinypic.com/r/168inwi/8

I am running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. The game is running through steam. I have an Intel i7-4790 CPU with a MSI GTX 970. The only two things I can guess are causing the problem are DirectX 12 or the new install of Visual Studio Community 2015. Any help?

Message 1 of 2 (5,973 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars out of memory error

★ Novice
I have finally found a solution to this...after much forth and back.

First, You just can't play the game on a 64 bit OS.... sooner or later the game will crash and you get the 'out of memory' error...

After testing several versions of windows (Ihave a 2 year old PC with good specs. Nvidia 980 GTX card and 16 mb ram on an ASUS Maximus ranger VII motherboard) I have found that Windows 7 32 ultimate works fine. I have played several hours and even saved complex games and reloaded them wo errors (I could not do this in the 64 bit version).

When you run several programs while you play, the game may lag but you don't get the 'out of memory error'. I do not use any antivirus and installed it on a clean Win 7 32 install. It don't lag when u only play CC, it runs smooth and fine. I have tested for 2 mods wo error. The mods I use is Tiberium wars advanced and Tiberium essence.

Hope this can help as this is a fun game to play...

cheers, Jan

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (5,523 Views)

All Replies

Re: Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars out of memory error

★ Novice
I have finally found a solution to this...after much forth and back.

First, You just can't play the game on a 64 bit OS.... sooner or later the game will crash and you get the 'out of memory' error...

After testing several versions of windows (Ihave a 2 year old PC with good specs. Nvidia 980 GTX card and 16 mb ram on an ASUS Maximus ranger VII motherboard) I have found that Windows 7 32 ultimate works fine. I have played several hours and even saved complex games and reloaded them wo errors (I could not do this in the 64 bit version).

When you run several programs while you play, the game may lag but you don't get the 'out of memory error'. I do not use any antivirus and installed it on a clean Win 7 32 install. It don't lag when u only play CC, it runs smooth and fine. I have tested for 2 mods wo error. The mods I use is Tiberium wars advanced and Tiberium essence.

Hope this can help as this is a fun game to play...

cheers, Jan
Message 2 of 2 (5,524 Views)