Re: Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars - NOT LAUNCHING WINDOWS 8 x64

by SgtKokken

Original Post

★★★ Novice

May have found a solution for at least Win 10 users that uses AMD graphic cards, (might work on win 8 too, but I dont know for sure)

Fix Found for people with AMD graphics card. I searched and Searched and Searched for fixes just like yourselves and then came across this which worked for fixing my own problem with the Exception in the Exception Handler error. Go to This link :~ http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/RSAE-18.1.1-Alpha-Release-Notes.aspx

Basically Most up to date drivers for AMD where the 17.12.1/17.12.2(Optional) Drivers. They made a mistake with thier driver release which prevented some DX9 games from playing on their drivers. They have Released an Alpha Version of 18.1.1 which worked Spectacularily for me. as i will quote the following from the page itself:~ "This early access driver is being provided for users who have had issues launching a small number of DirectX 9 based games."

Found on the games steam forum.

Worked for me

Message 31 of 35 (2,218 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

it will only work with certain amounts of memory. i had 18 gigabytes but games thought i had only 2 gigabytes. that is likely why it worked. i remove that chip because it caused issued with starcraft 2. i have no idea how to recreate those conditions but the problem is clearly memory related.

Message 32 of 35 (2,112 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Petibite This patch did the trick, I tried 100's of solutions to handler and dx issues! Thank you so much!
Message 33 of 35 (813 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@DenieSaurus You're welcome. Standard smile
Message 34 of 35 (807 Views)

Hero

@Petibite 

Which game are you talking about? C&C3?

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 35 of 35 (775 Views)