Command & Conquer Ultimate Collection - Stopped Working

by woozol

Original Post

Command & Conquer Ultimate Collection - Stopped Working

★★★ Newbie

Hi all,

I've been playing C&C Generals and Zero Hour (RA and RA2 also) for a few months. The other day, Windows 8 updates and now I can't get it to start. The Origin program opens, slowly, and the selection pop-up screen comes up, but when you click on C&C Generals, or Zero Hour, one of two things happens. Either that screen closes and nothing else happens, or nothing happens at all. It did start once but my speakers quit working until I closed to program. Since then I haven't been able to get it to work at all. I've tried deleting the Origin cache files and that seems to allow the software to believe that it can start the game, but then...nothing happens.

Machine: Toshiba Qosmio X75, Intel i-7 3630, NVidia GeForce GTX670, Latest update of Windows 8.

Any help out there?

Message 1 of 8 (642 Views)

Re: Command & Conquer Ultimate Collection - Stopped Working

★★ Novice

Win 7...RA2 will not run the past 2 days. I redownloaded it. Same problem

Message 2 of 8 (623 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've been spamming messages to the Answer HQ all evening to no avail.

Message 3 of 8 (608 Views)

Hero

@superdude344 wrote:

I've been spamming messages to the Answer HQ all evening to no avail.

Given the fact Answer HQ is not meant as an EA support forum but as a "users helping each other" forum, what you've been doing 'all evening' was completely useless.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 4 of 8 (602 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well since Origin bug reporter doesn't work I'm kind of out of ideas.

Message 5 of 8 (590 Views)

Hero

I believe it was mentioned that you can open the game's options in Origin and disable the fact it uses Origin for running the game. You could try that.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 6 of 8 (585 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This worked! Thank you so much! I have tried to make the game work by redownloading origin, the game and nothing worked. Thank you so much

Message 7 of 8 (547 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That fixed it for me too

Message 8 of 8 (530 Views)