Re: Command & Conquer Renegade Bug

by Nyerguds

Original Post

Command & Conquer Renegade Bug

★★★★★ Novice

Hi everyone!

Back in like 2012-2013 I bought Command & Conquer the First Decade (physical copy). I enjoyed it a lot, mostly playing Renegade and Generals: Zero Hour.

Around a year ago, I bought CnC the ultimate collection on Origin (digital copy). Recently, I've been trying to play Command & Conquer Renegade through the digital copy (since the physical doesn't work anymore).

The bug consists of the following things:

- I'm unable to complete the tutorial - I will be returned to the main menu right before it ends.

- I'm unable to proceed to mission 3 after I finish Mission 2 - When I click Continue on the end section of mission 2 it brings me to the main menu.

* I tried looking for a save file for the start of mission 3 but it isn't there.

I tried contacting EA support several times but they couldn't help me with the problem.

Message 1 of 3 (1,338 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Adaster678 

Hmm... not sure about that game. Apparently there is a community patch, but it seems to be mostly geared towards multiplayer anti-cheat. But you never know; it seems to be updated as recently as two years back, so maybe it contains a few compatibility fixes as well.

Have you tried fiddling with the compatibility mode on the game exe file, by the way? That can often make a load of difference.

[edit]

The aforementioned Tiberian Technologies patch is listed in the TUC patching guide at CNCNZ, so that seems to be an indication that it could help.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 3 (1,328 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi @Nyerguds sorry for the (very) late response,

The patch you sent me looked promising at first however I believe it might have even made the situation worse. Now by the end of the second mission the floor of the map is invisible and my game completely crashes

Message 3 of 3 (1,158 Views)