Re: Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 - No skirmish or campain

by tiffanidrew

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Hero

@theOU7SIDER You just bumped a two year old topic with a post about a problem that isn't even the one the original topic was about... nor is it the same problem as the one you responded to, for that matter.

But, for your information:

-The "greyed out" options are caused by the Origin In Game system, which doesn't play well with the C&C games. If you have this, restart your computer (or kill the launcher processes in Task Manager), then right click the game items in the Origin game browser and check the "disable Origin In Game for this game" option.

-The alt-tab problem in RA2 is as yet unsolved, and is not the same as your problem. Long story short, don't tab out of RA2; it'll mess up. If you want to take a break or do other stuff, just save and exit. Don't tab out. For that reason it's also advised to disable any messengers (like Skype/Steam) that might throw notifications on your screen while you're playing; clicking those (accidentally or deliberately) will mess up the game.

-Your "black screen" problem can usually be solved using the graphics system patch DDWrapper. Download the zip file and extract "ddraw.dll" and "aqrit.cfg" into your game folder. Then, open the configuration file "aqrit.cfg" in Notepad, change the "ForceDirectDrawEmulation" option to 1, save the file, and the game should work. If it doesn't, I advise you to install the RA2 pack of the CnCNet online play system; it contains a bunch of automatic fixes and options for using and configuring other similar graphics system patches that might do the job right, then.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 11 of 12 (3,498 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Done all this, nothing works, it all worked in my old (Vista) computer. Shame its the best strategy game around, nothing has been done since, but thanks for your help.
Message 12 of 12 (497 Views)