CnC 4 server down for real? 'Failed to host Game' error. (Co-op / MP)

by ISeeMangos

Original Post

CnC 4 server down for real? 'Failed to host Game' error. (Co-op / MP)

★★★ Novice

Well someone know what happen to the Command & Conquer 4 servers? well login still working, but no able to create custom matches or worst even can't anymore do co-op campaign with people it give the 'Failed to Host Game' error always. Screenshot added in attachments. To the servers are real for down now or are going to be decommissioned? because in their link of server updates doesn't show about Command & Conquer 4 yet.

https://www.ea.com/service-updates/a-h

And i know is not the best game but still i found fun with friends.

Message 1 of 11 (5,169 Views)

Re: CnC 4 server down for real? 'Failed to host Game' error. (Co-op / MP)

★★ Novice

hey i am also experiencing the same issue.... i know this game sucks but i think people are missing its potential i want to do custom matches and co-op with my friend... i encouraged him to buy the ultimate colleciton which i have errors and issues when trying to even download a single game in it... the only game i don't experience issues with is tiberian twilight but i experience the important issue in it haha.... i can't play with friends i can only play campaign.... like can EA stop scamming for once ???

believe it or not even pirating the games or downloading them from the internet don't have issues as much as ea have when it comes to buying or installing their games such as the ultimate collection.... funny and ridiculous isn't it ??? 

Message 2 of 11 (4,961 Views)

★★★ Novice

Another big problem right now too, is that EA is selling CnC 4 on steam redirecting to EA/Origins servers giving this problem too. So EA is selling a dead game now?.

Message 3 of 11 (4,930 Views)

★★ Novice

Any news on that issue? Still not working. Multiplayer not possible.

Message 4 of 11 (4,883 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Syrael666 Nothing yep from EA even writed on Twitter neither a reply. So yeah i think we can say is unofficially dead.
Message 5 of 11 (4,864 Views)

★ Novice

We all need to complain because I paid money for this * they need to put these server it's a * online game 

Message 6 of 11 (4,743 Views)

★★ Novice
@Jordan_VogesTTV Maybe we just need to keep this on top.
Message 7 of 11 (4,732 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Syrael666 I agree
Message 8 of 11 (4,601 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Just to confirm this was the case when me and a friend tried it a month or two ago too, I did post about it at the time too. I haven't tried again since then, but I presume it's the same if people are still adding comments about it here. Although it was working towards the end of last year, the time I tried previous to that time a month or two ago when I discovered this fault for myself. There was another thread on it that I posted in; I also posted to EA Help on Twitter but comment just went ignored.

EDIT: Ahh, found it. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Command-amp-Conquer-4-server-down-again/td-p/8...
Contrary to what the title says, it's not solved. Apparently somebody finally managed to get in-touch with an EA assistant and their reply was basically "it's an old game, what do you expect?"

Message 9 of 11 (4,563 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

on top of what jordan?

Message 10 of 11 (4,539 Views)