Re: Can you play CC Generals online anymore?

by Nyerguds

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can you play CC Generals online anymore?

★★★ Newbie

I was wondering if EA supports online play anymore?

Message 1 of 4 (36,266 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

@warpig58

Generals, Zero Hour, C&C3, Kane's Wrath and Red Alert 3 all used the Gamespy system for their online play, but the whole system has been shut down in July 2014. Not really EA's fault; they're just one of the many companies whose slightly older games lost online support because of it.

However, community servers have already been set up, so it should be possible to play online that way. More information on that can be found at http://cnc-online.net/.

Specific setup and installation info can be found on the "setup page" on their site.

For the classics (Command & Conquer 1, Red Alert 1, Tiberian Sun, Red Alert 2) you can use CnCNet.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (36,950 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@warpig58

Generals, Zero Hour, C&C3, Kane's Wrath and Red Alert 3 all used the Gamespy system for their online play, but the whole system has been shut down in July 2014. Not really EA's fault; they're just one of the many companies whose slightly older games lost online support because of it.

However, community servers have already been set up, so it should be possible to play online that way. More information on that can be found at http://cnc-online.net/.

Specific setup and installation info can be found on the "setup page" on their site.

For the classics (Command & Conquer 1, Red Alert 1, Tiberian Sun, Red Alert 2) you can use CnCNet.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 4 (36,951 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

That really helped me. I kept trying to get online through the game... I thought I missed a step. Interesting how the older games are played.. I can do this for both CNBC generals zero hour and age of empires 3. 

Message 3 of 4 (35,341 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i know this is a year old but there is an online commuinity for AOE on steam

Message 4 of 4 (34,478 Views)