Can't connect to the backend servers in Command and Conquer.

by idiwers

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't connect to the backend servers in Command and Conquer.

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I have not been able to connect to the backend servers in any of the Command and Conquer games in the Ultimate Collection, including the more recent games like Red Alert 3 and C&C3 (for which the online play was the main reason I bought the collection). As a friend is able to connect through Steam it cannot be a problem with the C&C online service itself, and since it has been five days without any luck for me connecting and I can connect to Origin store fine, I'm assuming that it is not a server outage on EA's behalf. I have been starting the games from the Origin client, and have opened the recommended ports in my Mcafee firewall. Can anyone help with this issue? As I said, it was the online factor that prompted me to download the games in the first place so any aid would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Alex

Message 1 of 6 (26,519 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't connect to the backend servers in Command and Conquer.

★ Pro

The servers have been closed. You can play online using C&COnline by Revora.

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (31,149 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

I have same problem going on now. Really annoying situation. I've tried a lot and found that it's not my router neither my computer's problem. So whose problem is it?

Message 2 of 6 (26,097 Views)

★ Pro

Message 3 of 6 (31,150 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@kl4ndri wrote:

Really? How did you know that? Do you have similar issue? or you found that somewhere over internet?

Message 4 of 6 (26,079 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@dimensionstriker wrote:
Really? How did you know that? Do you have similar issue? or you found that somewhere over internet?

More like, "all over the internet". Do a quick google for "gamespy shut down", please...

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 5 of 6 (26,074 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

It's remarkable how much you notice of what's going on when you have over 2500 posts at the official forums.

Edit: yay, 700 posts here!

Message 6 of 6 (26,057 Views)