CC Red Alert 2 / Yuri's Revenge Graphics Patch FIX! Windows 8/10

by WarCowboy11

Original Post

Re: CC Red Alert 2 / Yuri's Revenge Graphics Patch FIX! Windows 8/10

★★★★ Guide
@MASTERCYLONIS21 and @przejan1982 What problem do you experience exactly?
Message 21 of 42 (6,280 Views)

★★ Novice

I’ll try and check it out asap and post back if I find something. You playing it through Origin? 

Message 22 of 42 (6,214 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is it possible to use mods after patched?

Message 23 of 42 (4,924 Views)

★ Novice
@WarCowboy11 Hey, I've recently installed RA2 and YR from Origin and at first I couldn't get either working properly at all. The biggest issue was whenever I'd load a campaign mission or Skirmish match, the game would crash and a black box would appear in the top right corner of my screen and I couldn't press anything, leading my to powering down my PC. I turned off compatibility mode for all the exe files at first, and RA2 would run great, except for the movie scenes and the main menu only taking up a small portion of the screen, but the game ran well. However, YR still has the same issue with the crashing, and the black box. I installed that patch, and tried again, to no avail. I then switched all exe files to Windows 7, and ran as administrator, but still to no avail. Pretty sure now if I tried to run RA2, it wouldn't work because to run that I think I need compatibility mode turned off. Any help on this would be massively appreciated, thank you.
Message 24 of 42 (4,581 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I believe your problem is all about the compatibility mode you're running the game in.

Instead of just running the game by double clicking on the exe icons as you normally, you will want to right click on them and run with the option to "troubleshoot compatibility".   

As you can see within the right-click drop menu you can see the highlighted listing "Troubleshoot Compatibility".   

It will run a system test to see if that fixed it, but don't let it.      Just right click on the start up file for either game and make sure the modes are set to what you see in manually choose a version of windows to be compatible with for each by again just right clicking the start file and then going to "Properties" at the bottom of the pop up list.   Open it and then you will choose the "compatibility tab" at the top for the select the mode you want to run it with.

As you can see in the two open property windows on the right side of my photo, you will want to choose " Windows Vista " for Red Alert to function as best as possible.

Oddly enough, Yuri's Revenge needs to run with Windows XP (service pack 3) compatibility mod on.

Give it a go and report back if that worked.  IF so, I'll edit the OP with this information in order to save everyone the grief I suppose

Message 25 of 42 (4,568 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having this problem too and I'm using Windows 10 64bit. The game loads fine on Origin, but the main menu is in 640 x 480 resolution, and every time I try to change it to a higher resolution the screen either goes purple-y or totally blue; I had to use ctrl alt del to close RA2 whenever this happens. I've tried all the solutions here and here no luck Frown Any help would be much appreciated since I just got the C&C Collection and RA2 is one of the reasons why I bought it.

Message 26 of 42 (4,323 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have started to have problems this week. Every time I run the game from two-game menu of Origin, game is loaded, black screen showed, right after this it minimizes istelf to start bar. When I click to open it, everything is the same - blink of black screen and then back to desktop with the game minimized. Then I have to kill it via task manager.

I have screen patch installed from the beginning. It worked fine till I have installed Windows updates. I have Win 10 Pro, 1909 build 18363.1256.

I tried to reinstall the game, change resolution via RA2(MD).ini but it is still the same.

Please help! 

Thanks.

Message 27 of 42 (4,250 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This made no difference at all for me. Hard to believe that a company with the budget of EA can't be bothered to put a team on this for the couple days it would take them to solve it.  I guess it just shows how much EA cares about customer service.  They don't care if their older games run, they don't care if you're upset about it, they don't care about your piddly 20 bucks.  They just want to sell the latest $70.00 NBA game with purchasable in-game addons.

Message 28 of 42 (4,239 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the exact same problem. Did you find a fix?

Thanks

Message 29 of 42 (4,016 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@WarCowboy11 From 2021, this solution still works. Thanks man.
Message 30 of 42 (3,781 Views)