C&C3 Update?

by JardineKhan

Original Post

C&C3 Update?

★★★ Newbie

So I login to Origin today to play a different game and the first thing I notice is that Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars and Kane's Wrath both are getting updates. TW got a 5GB update and KW got a 3GB update. I've had these games for years, purchased separately from the collection pack that exists now, and I don't recall ever seeing them get updates before. When the downloads finished, I got a prompt asking me to agree to Terms of Service before installing, I've got C&C4 (separate purchase) and C&C Generals (part of the Ultimate Collection) installed as well, but neither got updates.

So...what I want to know is what exactly these updates are? Are there patch notes available somewhere? Are they even updates, or are they something else? Given the size of the downloads, I'd say these things would certainly warrant having some sort of descriptive info and/or documentation to go with them. I can tell you that these are not old updates that have just decided to download (at least I don't think they are), because I last logged into Origin on Jan 3, 2018 and there were no updates then. That means the updates had to have been released within the last week.

Message 1 of 3 (656 Views)

Re: C&C3 Update?

★★ Guide
@JardineKhan - check if you suddenly got multiple language versions of the games. That's recently been reported for Red Alert 3 and Uprising, but not Tiberium Wars and Kane's Wrath.
Message 2 of 3 (588 Views)

Re: C&C3 Update?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@plokite95I don't see any options to change languages in the in-game settings for both games. Maybe it's buried in a config file somewhere? What I do have now is the requirement to login to Origin to play the games. I didn't have that before. Before, I could just start up the games whenever I wanted and not have to be logged into Origin, which made the games great for play when I don't have Internet access.

Message 3 of 3 (529 Views)