C&C ultimate collection Red Alert 2 wont start

by JCOMMAND

Original Post

Re: C&C ultimate collection Red Alert 2 wont start

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

What's bizarre is, this game used to work just fine. But then on one boot, I had this same issue, attempted everything listed here. Nothing. Went to Origin support, they had me clear the AppData cache. Nothing. That was a very disappointing refund.

Message 51 of 57 (2,424 Views)

Hero

@jastur667

You tried what, exactly? If you mean you tried double-clicking the "The Ultimate Collection" icon that appeared in your games after buying/redeeming the TUC code, then, that's not Red Alert 2 but the pack's additional content... which is supposed to give you a file browser, so you can see that content, since they're files. Wallpapers and music and such.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 52 of 57 (2,409 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried disabling the origin overlay and the cloud and installing some tools, nothing worked.

And honestly I don't see why should I do all this work to get it to function. Perhaps I am spoiled for having used steam and GOG for so long where I never had any problems with the games there.

Why should I spend hours trying to make it work, why doesn't it just work out of the box like steam products.

I feel cheated, the first time I launched the game it worked, now it doesn't no matter what.

How can I process a refund?

Message 53 of 57 (2,199 Views)

Hero

@aliismail333

Honestly, the problem is that there's no one at EA left who knows how to maintain these games. So it's all up to community fixes...

There's a load of community patches though. You may want to check these out before going for a refund. I advise installing the CnCNet online play installer for RA2/YR. Even if you're not interested in online play, it comes with a bunch of automatic fixes that will probably solve all issues right away.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 54 of 57 (2,179 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have done this process and still my launcher for red alert 2 will not work, yuri's revenge works fine but the original just takes me in circles I click it it opens up origin where you choose to play l, click that the launcher comes up. For the 2 games, yuri's revenge works fine originals huts goes right back to origin play window.. Any help would be appreciated I've tried numerous YouTube videos nothing seems to be working

Message 55 of 57 (1,270 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having exactly the same issue! Whenever I click on either game, it takes me right back to the origin screen. I've disabled the 'origin in-game', disable cloud saves, tried opening in various compatibility modes, changed all the settings. I just can't  get it to work. 

Message 56 of 57 (1,180 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@WillTaylor90 ,

Same here. Downloaded it today. Asked about refund after several tries.

Message 57 of 57 (1,172 Views)