Original Post

Re: C&C Tiberian Sun and T.S. Firestorm not running

★★★★★ Newbie

yeah dis is bull *

Message 21 of 29 (2,649 Views)

Hero

@robcon44

It helps to read the actual solutions in the thread...

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 22 of 29 (2,637 Views)

★ Novice

@pcobb23 wrote:

I found THE fix!!!!!  I am running windows 8.1 but this will work for 8 and maybe even 7 as well..

There are 2 parts to this fix.  Most people have already done part 1, but just to be sure follow these instructions completely...

First set the compatability of the game: 

Open File Explorer   (You can do this easily by right clicking the little window or Start on the bottom left of your screen and selecting File Explorer)

Click Windows_OS :C (C Drive)

Open Program Files (x86)

Open Origin Games Folder (not Origin)

Open Command & Conquer Tiberium Sun Folder (keep this window open for step two)

Scroll down until you find the Game (File Type Application)

Highlight game by single clicking on it, then right click to bring up the pop-up menu

Select Properties at the bottom of the pop-up menu

Select the Compatability tab in the Game Properties window

Check the box "Run this program in compatabilty mode for:"

Select Windows XP (Service Pack 2)

Also check the box below that says "Reduce Color Mode"

Then set the color mode to 16-bit color

Also check the box "Run this program as an admistrator"

Apply Settings and Then Click Okay

Half way there......

Next Download this file and then open the folder.  I promise there is no malware or anything negative, just a few simple files.  (Copy and paste if below link doesn't work)

http://tore.cnc-comm.com/TS_Win8fix.zip

Click to save the file and once it downloads open the folder, you should see the file Win8fix, open this and follow remaining instructions

Once again Open File Explorer   

Click Windows_OS :C (C Drive)

Open Program Files (x86)

Open Origin Games Folder (not Origin)

Open Command & Conquer Tiberium Sun Folder

Now Simply drag the files from the download folder into the open Tiberium Sun Folder and launch the program as normal!!!!!!!!!!

I Hope this works for everyone as well as it did for me!!!!!!

*(Note: You may need to select a different compatabilty mode than Win XP Service pack 2)

Many, Many thanks!!! I haven't been able to play Tiberian Sun since I switched to Windows 8.  Thanks to your fix,  the game is working perfectly.

Hugh in Texas

Message 23 of 29 (2,580 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ive tried doing this for windows 10 origion. ive done this for all service packs and only thing tht worked was the mouse could move. pls help me 

Message 24 of 29 (2,345 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Seconded. Windows 10 system and followed instructions. Works well.
Message 25 of 29 (2,201 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have windows 10 and it worked for me.

Message 26 of 29 (1,722 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I followed solution offered by pcobb23 below. Running Win10. Set compatibility to Win 8. Did not work until I completed his step 2 which was to add updated files (download using his post) into the same folder as Sun. Then you can get past the main menu.
Message 27 of 29 (1,653 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

A 20 (fkng) years old game and it wont run on on normal installation. EA please read this! This is a peek of not taking care of your games. I loved CnC so much but now I just hate what you did to it.

Message 28 of 29 (761 Views)

Hero

@TornadoDaVincii 

EA didn't "do" anything to it. Old games very often have issues running on modern PC, because the hardware, drivers and operating systems have changed drastically over the course of two decades. There's just no money in maintaining decades-old games, so there's no budget or team for that.

There are a bunch of community patches out there, though. I suggest you check these out.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 29 of 29 (728 Views)