C&C RA2 constantly exits game

by cdiddy2021

Original Post

C&C RA2 constantly exits game

★★★ Newbie

C&C RA2...problems arose when I installed a new ultrawide monitor. First it wouldnt load at all, just got a black screen with the white cursor. Downloaded and installed the CnCNet online play installer for RA2/YR. This helped the game launch and actually got me to the menu screen. Then the game constantly exits and goes to my desktop every 5-10 seconds. I cant figure out what the deal is. Files GAME and GAMMD are running in WIN XP (SP2) compatibility mode and Reduced color code is selected to 16bit.

I'd greatly appreciate any help or advice. When i do launch RA2, it takes up the entire screen, which doesnt seem right, as it didnt do it on my traditional 21" monitor, maybe thats the issue? I'm stumped

Message 1 of 4 (406 Views)

Re: C&C RA2 constantly exits game

Hero
@cdiddy2021 Reducing the colour mode is not advised if you use the CnCNet launcher; the same system that fixes the black screen issue makes sure that that's not needed.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 4 (394 Views)

★★★ Newbie

gotcha...game still exits every 5 seconds...cant figure it out. Been over a week of troubleshooting. It was fun while it lasted

Message 3 of 4 (389 Views)

Hero
@cdiddy2021 You may want to ask on the cncnet forum or discord... they're the guys fan-patching these games, so they may know more.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 4 of 4 (368 Views)