C&C Generals and Zero Hour in windowed mode?

by Salivederci

Original Post

C&C Generals and Zero Hour in windowed mode?

★★★ Novice

Hello,

Is there a way to run C&C Generals and Zero Hour in windowed mode?

Message 1 of 9 (26,060 Views)

Re: C&C Generals and Zero Hour in windowed mode?

Community Manager

@Salivederci

Does pressing ALT+Enter switch the game to windowed mode for you?

barry.png
Message 2 of 9 (26,035 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Salivederci

I assume you have the Origin version of the game?

Download and install Bibber's fixed launchers for The Ultimate Collection. Then, in Origin, right click the game, go to "Game Properties", and in the "command line arguments" box, type -win

Then press OK and start the game.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 3 of 9 (26,033 Views)

★★★ Novice

No, this method works on new games like BF4, NFS Rivals etc.

Message 4 of 9 (26,032 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes I do have the Origin version, but I am not sure if I should use a third party. :/

Also, when I tried to download, the anti-virus filter application of my browser warned me that this file maybe harmful.

Message 5 of 9 (26,026 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Still have this problem after so many years. I used to run it using Biebber's launcher that allows command line commands to pass through. However currently all the links to the hacked launchers are dead. And EA still has not fixed this issue and they wonder why they are the most hated gaming company when they do everything possible to get the player's money but nothing to support them after they have purchased.

Message 6 of 9 (18,791 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Yeah, Bibber left the CNC-community apparently. Please look here on how to get the -win-command working again: https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Command_%26_Conquer:_Generals#Restore_mod-_and_command-line-parame... (follow the "Replace the executables of the games"-instructions)

Message 7 of 9 (18,771 Views)

★ Novice
Message 8 of 9 (18,672 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@MiKaYaa Happy to help Standard smile
Message 9 of 9 (18,657 Views)