C&C Generals Deluxe Edition:Administrator permission

by RLG2187

Original Post

C&C Generals Deluxe Edition:Administrator permission

★ Novice

I am having trouble playing c&c generals on my computer using windows 10. I have installed the game and,as I was to play it would not load up but, a screen would pop up asking to sign in as the administrator. I then uninstalled the game from my computer,and tried again now the game will not install completely. I would like to know how to resolve the issue.thx

Message 1 of 6 (659 Views)

Re: C&C Generals Deluxe Edition:Administrator permission

[ Edited ]
Hero

@RLG2187 

Unfortunately, this issue is probably related to copy protection... it's the game's DRM failing to load because SecuROM / Safedisc were permanently scrapped from Windows 10.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/08/17/windows-10-safedisc-securom-drm/

“Everything that ran in Windows 7 should also run in Windows 10. There are just two silly exceptions: antivirus software and stuff that’s deeply embedded into the system needs updating – but the developers are on it already – and then there are old games on CD-Rom that have DRM. This DRM stuff is also deeply embedded in your system, and that’s where Windows 10 says “sorry, we cannot allow that, because that would be a possible loophole for computer viruses.” That’s why there are a couple of games from 2003-2008 with Securom, etc. that simply don’t run without a no-CD patch or some such. We can just not support that if it’s a possible danger for our users. There are a couple of patches from developers already, and there is stuff like GOG where you’ll find versions of those games that work.”

The only real solution besides re-buying the games on Origin is to find a way to disable the DRM on the game itself. EA hasn't released any official solutions, so finding a 3rd party no-cd patch seems like the best way.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 6 (624 Views)

★ Novice
@Nyerguds How do I disable the drm
Message 3 of 6 (614 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@RLG2187 

EA hasn't released any official solutions, so finding a 3rd party no-cd patch seems like the best way.

Lots of sites with this kind of patches have viruses, so do be careful. From my experience, GameCopyWorld is a pretty reliable one though.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 4 of 6 (595 Views)

★ Novice

Is there any other way I can download the game online

Message 5 of 6 (583 Views)

Hero
@RLG2187 As I said... the only other way is to buy The Ultimate Collection on Origin.

Message 6 of 6 (573 Views)