C&C Collection: Generals (LAN)

by xcalibersa

Original Post

C&C Collection: Generals (LAN)

★ Novice

Good day

Quick question, was the issue of the game running on a LAN multiplayer with a uncapped frame rate been fixed?

I remember trying my disk copies on windows 10 and the game ran at over 9000 fps (jk) and was unplayable. 

Is this a issue in the collection? 

Message 1 of 4 (357 Views)

Re: C&C Collection: Generals (LAN)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@xcalibersa

I honestly have no idea, but none of these games have been patched in any significant way since their latest official patches back when they were still officially supported. Though the thing you mention might not be a specific Generals-on-Win10 issue. It's entirely possible it's just something simple compatibility modes can fix.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 4 (323 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you for your response. Tried all of that. I was hoping there would be a ini file to edit but nothing I could find on the net. 

Its so strange someone hasnt solved the issue since generals on lan is awesome. 

Message 3 of 4 (305 Views)

Hero

@xcalibersa

Well, there is an ini file; it should be in your My Documents folder in a sub-folder named like the game, but I don't know what kind of options are in there, to be honest.

In fact, one of the more common problems with the game is that this folder and file do not get created as they should be, causing the game not to start.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 4 of 4 (291 Views)