Re: C&C 3 direct x error on windows 10

by moody2166

Original Post

C&C 3 direct x error on windows 10

★ Novice

i try to play C&C 3 and i get a direct x error saying i need 9,0 or higher im already running 12 i have tried everything reccomended from EA tech support and windows regarding this issue i have uninstalled and reinstalled both the game and origin and nothing seems to work i have given EA the reports regarding my system and no one seems to know how to fix it i would really love some help i love the games anyone got any ideas that i havent tried

Message 1 of 3 (340 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@moody2166

The "or higher" part is the problem. It just isn't true. I think either the later DirectX versions are missing components the game needs, or programs built for DirectX 9 are simply unable to recognize these later versions as something they can use. Either way, you need version 9. The old version can perfectly live alongside your system's newer one, though, so you can just install it and that'll fix the issue:

• Download the DirectX Redistributables package from June 2010. Be sure to uncheck any other junk they want to add to it. It should be a file called "directx_Jun2010_redist.exe".
  • Run the downloaded file. It'll ask for a folder to unpack in. Make a new folder somewhere on your disk and unpack it there. It doesn't matter where you unpack it; it can be deleted afterwards anyway.
  • Go to the folder where you told it to extract.
  • Find "DXSETUP.exe", and run that to install the missing components.
  • After the installation finished, delete the folder you unpacked everything in.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 3 (323 Views)

★ Novice
tried that it didnt work either, i was on for three days trying to get help from both EA and microsoft and the microsoft people even took control of my pc and downloaded that file for me and it did nothing
Message 3 of 3 (310 Views)