Bought the C&C pack to play Red Alert 3, but keeps crashing after 10-20min

by emirbzr

Original Post

Bought the C&C pack to play Red Alert 3, but keeps crashing after 10-20min

★ Novice

I bought the Command Conquer Ultimate Collection package last week to play Red Alert 3 and uprising . But everytime i start the game everything is fine but after around 15min into the game it suddenly minimizes itself with a hanging sound and crashes. 

This only happens after i am into the game more than 15 minutes.(in skirmish)

I am trying to play it on Windows 10, i tried to do compatibility settings of vista,win7,win8 and all the suggestions but nothing is working.

Is this a common issue and how can i solve it?

My comp specs are ryzen 1700x with 1060 gti + 16gb ram so i am pretty sure it has nothing to do with hardware

Thank you.

Message 1 of 7 (1,266 Views)

Re: Bought the C&C pack to play Red Alert 3, but keeps crashing after 10-20m

★★ Guide

Does this occur with any other games? Is there a system tray icon (other than the standard ones that come with Windows) that keeps changing in a way that would minimize the game (some poorly-written WiFi adapters do that)? Are you running both Origin and the game as administrator?

Message 2 of 7 (1,255 Views)

★ Novice

thanks for the reply,

No it only occurs with RA3 but as i said i am able to go to the main menu do anything, go in skirmish and while i am halfway building my village it minimizes with hanging sound and i cant maximize it again and i am forced to end the task manually, there is no other icon and i do not have wifi card in the system i am connected via ethernet cable.

I tried running the game as Administrator but not origin because when i click on the game origin automatically opens up. I am not sure how can i see an error log to see what the issue exactly is

Message 3 of 7 (1,248 Views)

★★ Guide

You can set the game to run as administrator by browsing to its directory (usually in Program Files) and setting RA3.exe to always run as administrator in its properties.

Also, if you haven't already, disable Origin In-Game and apply Bibber's fixed TUC launchers. See if that improves performance.

Message 4 of 7 (1,242 Views)

★ Novice

It is still the same, I did what you suggested but it didn't fix it, i also uninstalled the game completely and installed it back.

When i check from the task manager after it minimizes, it shows that

RA3EP1.exe Running

ra3ep1_1.0.game NOT RESPONDING

Not sure what else to do

Message 5 of 7 (1,227 Views)

★ Novice

So i think i found a solution, which is uninstalling the C&C Pack and buying the single Red Alert 3 game, its been an hour and no problems so far. (Not thru origin but steam)

So i think the problem is either with the Pack or it is with the origin.

Thanks for trying to help and hopefully it gets fixed because i was really excited to play with this pack since i am a big fan of all the C&C games!

Message 6 of 7 (1,222 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I bought the game through Steam and I have the same problem you used to. Is there anything the someone can recommend? Please bear in mind that I am computer illiterate so you will have to thoroughly explain anything.

Message 7 of 7 (973 Views)