Black screen on Red alert 2

by Mads655

Original Post

Highlighted

Black screen on Red alert 2

★★★ Newbie

Hey guys.

I have just bought and installed command and conquer: red alert 2, but when i start the game i can hear the sounds of it entering the main menu, but my screen is just all black. I hope some of you can help.

Message 1 of 4 (358 Views)

Re: Black screen on Red alert 2

Hero

@Mads655

The graphics system patch DDWrapper is known to solve the "black screen" issue for many people.

Download the zip file and extract "ddraw.dll" and "aqrit.cfg" into your game folder. Then, open the configuration file "aqrit.cfg" in Notepad, change the "ForceDirectDrawEmulation" option to 1, save the file, and the game should work.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 4 (346 Views)

★★★ Newbie

well i have done as you said but the screen is still black then in try. I am not sure if i do it right, but i can't see what i could have done wrong.

Message 3 of 4 (337 Views)

Hero

@Mads655

What folder did you put it in?

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 4 of 4 (322 Views)